We support both claimants and professionals. These are just some of the organisations who have subscribed to Benefits and Work:
- Royal College of Nursing
- Spinal Injuries Association
- Chesterfield Law Centre
- Stephenson’s Solicitors
- Birmingham Citizens Advice Bureau
- Manchester City Council Sensory Provision Team
Don't lose out just because the system isn't fair.
Are you being transferred from Incapacity Benefit to Employment and Support Allowance? Or from Disability Living Allowance to Personal Independence Payment? Are you making a fresh claim or renewal claim? Or pursuing a mandatory reconsideration or appeal for ESA, PIP or DLA?
Are you worried that the forms are complex and unclear, the medicals may be rushed and inaccurate and the decisions unfair? If so, use our expert, step-by-step guides and give yourself the best possible chance of getting your legal entitlement.
We’ll warn you of pitfalls, offer you specialist tips and tactics and guide you through every part of this bewildering process.
27 September 2007
Changes to the Blue Badge scheme come into force on 15 October.
The changes include:
- extending the scheme to children under two who, because of their specific medical conditions, need to travel with bulky medical equipment or be close to a vehicle for emergency medical treatment. This will include children who suffer from hip dysplasia.
- Amending the design of the badge, including the addition of a hologram, to help prevent fraud and aid enforcement.
- extending the scheme to include people with severe disabilities in both arms who drive non-adapted vehicles regularly but are unable to operate parking meters, such as people with Thalidomide-related disabilities.
A review of the Blue Badge scheme is also currently being carried out with a 'comprehensive reform strategy' due to be published in April 2008 in order to make the scheme 'fairer, more consistently administered and easier to understand.'