Login FormClose

Free ESA, PIP and DLA Updates

With over 140,000 subscribers our fortnightly updates bulletin is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Get the facts about what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare.   Get your free benefits updates now.

Professional Members

We support both claimants and professionals.  These are just some of the organisations who have subscribed to Benefits and Work:

  • Royal College of Nursing
  • Spinal Injuries Association
  • Chesterfield Law Centre
  • Coventry Mind
  • Birmingham Citizens Advice Bureau
  • Colchester Borough Council Welfare Rights

Read more

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

Remember me. Note: ticking this may affect members file download ability.
Members
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: ESA Tribunal today

ESA Tribunal today 1 year 9 months ago #137321

Hi guys,

I wanted to let you know that my mum’s tribunal was today........and it was successful. She was put into the support group for ESA!!!

I would like to say a big thank you for all the help that I received via B&W in the run up. The guides you provide are very helpful too. But I have to say a very very big thank you to Gordon, for taking the time to answer my many questions, with such great advice.

If anyone has an appeal coming up, I just wanted to say, keep going. Even when you think you can’t bear much more, you will make it. My mum initial had 0 points and no change in decision after the MR. Many times I wondered if we should carry on, which was how I find B&W. Also, I was worried we didn’t have enough supporting evidence, because I didn’t realise how difficult it would be to collect even what we did have. But the panel was very kind, fair and tried to put us at ease from the beginning. They also allowed me and my sister to support my mum’s testimony. Oh, do take copies of any supporting evidence with you, because even though we sent it by next day delivery (I checked it was received), in advance, it didn’t get to the panel, so it was lucky I took it with us.

I didn’t mean this to be so long, I just wanted to say thank you and to give some hope to others in the same boat.

:) :) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs Hurtyback, VioletSun, Millhouse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ESA Tribunal today 1 year 9 months ago #137323

  • Gordon
  • Away
  • Posts: 26635
Student

I am really pleased for you and your mother and thank you for comments about the site, it hasn't been the best of days so it really makes a difference when members post when they have been successful with a claim or appeal.

It should take the DWP about 6-8 weeks to process the decision and put her ESA back into payment.

Gordon
The following user(s) said Thank You: student2007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last Edit: by Gordon.

ESA Tribunal today 1 year 9 months ago #137324

Hi student2007

Thank you so much for telling of your Mum's success today. WELL DONE!! I had to go to tribunal to get into the Support Group also, but never actually got as far as the hearing - they rang me about an hour before to say that they had decided in my favour.

I have another tribunal hearing next Tuesday for PIP and I am dreading it! It's so horrible because although you know you've done nothing wrong, you almost feel like you're on trial!! I'm getting really anxious about it, and Gordon has been a great help to me too (thank you). It's so nice to read positive things like your story.
Thank you
A
The following user(s) said Thank You: student2007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ESA Tribunal today 1 year 9 months ago #137334

Gordon wrote: Student

I am really pleased for you and your mother and thank you for comments about the site, it hasn't been the best of days so it really makes a difference when members post when they have been successful with a claim or appeal.

It should take the DWP about 6-8 weeks to process the decision and put her ESA back into payment.

Gordon


Thank you Gordon. I am sorry to hear it hasn't been the best of days, I hope today will be better for you. I know how grateful I've been for the support you've provided me.

Thank you for letting me know about the time frame for the DWP to sort things out. After the judge said the word 'successful' and 'support group' I just didn't think to ask after lol

I was wondering though, will my mum have troubles getting a backdated payment to the 13th week? Because she had to claim JSA during the MR. We originally applied in July 2014, so I believe the 13th week should have been around Oct time.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by bro58.

ESA Tribunal today 1 year 9 months ago #137336

Amanda wrote: Hi student2007

Thank you so much for telling of your Mum's success today. WELL DONE!! I had to go to tribunal to get into the Support Group also, but never actually got as far as the hearing - they rang me about an hour before to say that they had decided in my favour.

I have another tribunal hearing next Tuesday for PIP and I am dreading it! It's so horrible because although you know you've done nothing wrong, you almost feel like you're on trial!! I'm getting really anxious about it, and Gordon has been a great help to me too (thank you). It's so nice to read positive things like your story.
Thank you
A


Hi Amanda,

Thank you for the well wishes and congratulations on getting your ESA!! I can imagine how much of a relief that was for you. I wish you the best for your PIP tribunal, I won't say don't worry because I can imagine you will. But all you can do is your best and let them know how your illness affects you. I definitely got to the point where I thought at least it will be over regardless of the outcome.

I know you said the Tribunal rang you. But if they have sent you the document (don't remember the name) where it sets out the descriptors they gave you points on and it arrives before your tribunal, take it with you it may help.

All the best.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VioletSun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ESA Tribunal today 1 year 9 months ago #137338

student2007 wrote:

Gordon wrote: Student

I am really pleased for you and your mother and thank you for comments about the site, it hasn't been the best of days so it really makes a difference when members post when they have been successful with a claim or appeal.

It should take the DWP about 6-8 weeks to process the decision and put her ESA back into payment.

Gordon


Thank you Gordon. I am sorry to hear it hasn't been the best of days, I hope today will be better for you. I know how grateful I've been for the support you've provided me.

Thank you for letting me know about the time frame for the DWP to sort things out. After the judge said the word 'successful' and 'support group' I just didn't think to ask after lol

I was wondering though, will my mum have troubles getting a backdated payment to the 13th week? Because she had to claim JSA during the MR. We originally applied in July 2014, so I believe the 13th week should have been around Oct time.

Regards


Hi s2007,

Congratulations to you and Mum on her appeal win !!! :cheer:

Any ESA back- payments owed should be paid from the start of Week 14 of her claim, minus any JSA that she received during The MR process.

You can't receive payments of JSA and ESA for the same period.

Hopefully, she won't have to wait too long.

You can check how much ESA she would have been paid upto 06/04/15 (@ 2014/15 Rates) and after the annual benefits uprating/rise post 06/04/15 (@ 2015/16 Rates) to-date below, then deduct any JSA that she has received from that :

Benefit Rates 2015/16

As Mum will be classed as having been in The SG since the start of week 14 of her claim, she should receive back-payments of the SG Component Addition since that date, and if she had/has entitlement to payment of Income Related (IR) ESA she should also receive back-payment of The Enhanced Disability Premium (EDP) from that date also :

ESA Premiums

bro58
The following user(s) said Thank You: VioletSun, student2007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last Edit: by bro58.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: bro58GordonMrs Hurtyback
Time to create page: 1.658 seconds