We support both claimants and professionals. These are just some of the organisations who have subscribed to Benefits and Work:
- Royal College of Nursing
- Spinal Injuries Association
- Chesterfield Law Centre
- Stephenson’s Solicitors
- Birmingham Citizens Advice Bureau
- Manchester City Council Sensory Provision Team
Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Training
See below for personal independence payment training (PIP) dates and venues
This one day training course provides a clear understanding of the new personal independence payment (PIP), due to be introduced in April 2013.
No previous benefits knowledge is required. The training is suitable both for advice workers and for support workers who do not give benefits advice, but who do need a good awareness of the possible effects of the transfer from disability living allowance (DLA) to personal independence payment (PIP) on their clients.
By the end of the day, you will understand:
- the basic qualifying conditions for personal independence payment
- the activities and descriptors (the points system)
- how fluctuating conditions, pain and fatigue are treated
- the assessment process, including regional variations
- how to gather evidence for personal independence payment
- the transfer process from disability living allowance to personal independence payment
- similarities and differences between DLA and PIP
- which of your clients may be winners and losers under PIP
By the end of the training day, you will:
- Be able to explain the transfer process to your clients
- Be aware of which of your clients are most at risk of losing an award.
- Be able to help your clients make effective claims for PIP
Cost per delegate, including lunch:
Non-members: £125 + VAT includes 3 months free professional membership of the Benefits and Work website, available from date of training. Offer available only once per agency.
Benefits and Work professional members: £105 + VAT
The Bond Company, 180-182 Fazeley Street, BIRMINGHAM, B5 5SE
Download a personal independence payment training booking form Birmingham 10 July 2013
Voluntary Action Leeds, 34 Lupton St, Hunslet, LEEDS LS10 2QW
Download a personal independence payment training booking form Leeds 18 July 2013
City YMCA, 8, Errol Street, LONDON EC1Y 8SE
Download a personal independence payment training booking form London 27 June 2013
Also available in-house. Please contact us for more details about in-house personal independence training.