We support both claimants and professionals. These are just some of the organisations who have subscribed to Benefits and Work:
- Royal College of Nursing
- Spinal Injuries Association
- Chesterfield Law Centre
- Stephenson’s Solicitors
- Birmingham Citizens Advice Bureau
- Manchester City Council Sensory Provision Team
Disability living allowance and attendance allowance appeal tribunals training day
"Excellent. One of the most useful courses I have been on. I feel much more confident about taking clients through appeals." Jane Stanfield, Carers Gloucestershire.
"Excellent tutor, knows the subject and keeps it very interesting." Stuart Hales, Kennet CAB.
"Excellent course, very useful and informative" Tahira Rafiq, East Bristol Advice Centre.
Whether you wish simply to help clients have a better understanding of the process they are enduring or you intend to accompany clients to oral hearings and help them give evidence, this Disability living allowance and attendance allowance appeal tribunals training day will give you the knowledge and confidence to make a real difference to the outcome.
The day is suitable for anyone with basic knowledge of disability living allowance or attendance allowance (feel free to contact us if you're uncertain if this course is right for you) and is particularly aimed not just at advice workers but also at support staff, such as housing workers, social workers and advocates. By the end of the day participants will know:
- how to ensure the tribunal do not treat you as an experienced representative if you are not one
- how to complete an appeal form
- how to get supporting evidence, including buying medical evidence
- how to get help from solicitors, law centres and advice agencies
- how to understand the appeal papers
- whether and how to do a written submission
- how to help your client prepare for the appeal hearing
- how to help your client give accurate evidence on the day
- how to give evidence to the tribunal yourself
- how to deal with difficult tribunal members