× Members

ALMOST-PENSIONER PIP CLAIMANTS TO GET 10 YEAR AWARDS???

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290803 by chezza1959
Will be eternally grateful for the PIP on-demand training, as it was because of this I was successful in being awarded PIP (enhanced daily living/standard mobility until May 2026, with my first application.

I am nearly 65 now, so will be nearly 67 by May 2026 and the conditions I have are degenerative. I read the above article re: 10 year awards in B & W News update, but this was in 2019. Has this changed in the meantime?

Would really appreciate any advice from anybody that is aware of the current position on this.

Many thanks
Cherry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290805 by Gary
Hi chezza1959

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

You are talking about a light touch review; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/pip-ar2-l...ails-and-sample-copy

www.gov.uk/government/news/unnecessary-d...ers-to-be-phased-out

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290825 by chezza1959
Many thanks for your response Gary, it is much appreciated. Just wondered if Government position had changed in light of the new Green Paper. The PIP award has made such a difference to me and I have been really stressed because I thought it would stop once I reached state pension age and would be back to living in relative poverty. So thank you for putting my mind at rest.
Warm regards
Cherry
The following user(s) said Thank You: UB40 Rumrunner

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290837 by Gary
Hi chezza1959

No, PIP does not stop when you reach state pension age.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290875 by Rich
Is there a process to go through for pip claimants at the point of reaching state pension age please?
Brother awarded 10 yr award 5 years ago, will reach state pension age June 2025, are there forms and such to have to deal with at that point?
Any info hugely appreciated.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290884 by Gary
Hi Rich

There is no process to go through, your brother should should get a review form about a year before the award stops, if he has not heard 6 months before the award stops then he needs to contact DWP and request a review form.

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rich, C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.