× Members

DWP Facebook AD threw me off PIP

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290146 by DARK STARR
DWP Facebook AD threw me off PIP was created by DARK STARR
A few months ago I received a letter from the DWP telling me that my PIP review has been delayed until March 2025.

Later I was browsing through Facebook one day and I came across an advert by the DWP asking if people would like to work for them remotely.

I receive ESA and PIP but I am battling with debts so I thought maybe I can work part-time for the DWP to help pay off debts using the permitted work allowanced of £150 per week.
The work was all remote digital work so It fitted with my mental health problem and difficulties working around other people.

I signed up for their monthly newsletter providing remote working vacancies with the DWP.
Within two days I received a strange text from the DWP saying that they have received my enquiry about my ESA.

A week after I signed up for the monthly newsletter I received a letter from Health Assessment Services asking me to attend an assessment review for my PIP.
The assessment took place and it seemed to go OK. I also mentioned to them that I will be having a dialysis machine plumbed into my home soon because of my low kidney function caused by kidney disease. I said I've recently had an operation on my arm to prepare me for the dialysis.

Around four weeks later my PIP payment was due but it failed to go into the bank.
I called them and they said my PIP had been stopped. They weren't allowed to give an explanation.

Because my PIP is stopped this means that my income is in chaos.

So in other words responding to the DWP Facebook advert for online digital remote working in which I gave them my email address for the monthly newsletter has knocked me off PIP.

Now my debt problems are even worse than they were before.

I never did receive any monthly newsletter telling me about job vacancies.

Is this not entrapment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290150 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic DWP Facebook AD threw me off PIP
Hi DARK STARR

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

PIP does not stop because you have made an enquiry about work, you can claim PIP and work, if you cannot get any information from DWP as to why your PIP claim has stopped, then I would seek help from your MP.

You can always contact DWP and ask for a subject access request. www.gov.uk/guidance/request-your-persona...or-work-and-pensions

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , C

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290164 by DARK STARR
Replied by DARK STARR on topic DWP Facebook AD threw me off PIP
UPDATE

Now they have stopped my ESA as well as PIP, so now I have no income coming in whatsoever.

My ESA failed to go into the bank.

No notice or explanation from them. Nothing.

Can't get through on the telephone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290178 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DWP Facebook AD threw me off PIP
Oh Dark Starr

This is a horrible position to find yourself in. Gary is right - your money was not stopped because you replied to an advert. Something very strange and frightening is happening. Please keep ringing. If you can't get through - do contact your local MP's office and see if they can help.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, C, lottie1

More
2 weeks 3 hours ago #290237 by den1mon
Replied by den1mon on topic DWP Facebook AD threw me off PIP
Please consider enlisting the support of your MP to contact DWP and sort this out for you.
It sounds like this may have been a facebook scam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, C

More
1 week 6 days ago #290267 by Wendy Woo
Replied by Wendy Woo on topic DWP Facebook AD threw me off PIP
Hello Dark Starr,

Thank you so much for sharing this information. My son (who works but also receives PIP) and I have seen similar adverts and we wondered if this was something my son could do, as it sounds rather like the work he does at the moment, but he would find it so much easier if he could work from home.

Now, I really hope Gary and BIS are right and that you will soon be able to contact the DWP and your benefits will be reinstated, but could it be that the advert required you to enter your bank details - which, of course, the DWP would already know - and so, somehow, allowed scammers to divert your benefits to another account? (I don't know how this would be done, I'm no expert in such things, but I've heard of it happening to others.)

I hope you will be able to sort this out very soon, but I'm really grateful for the heads-up that these adverts are not genuine.

(Apologies to the Mods if this seems to be a repeat post - it is - I received a message saying the first one hadn't worked.)

Best wishes,

Wendy Woo
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Sheila 966, C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.