× Members

Award Letter Received

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290163 by Donna2512
Award Letter Received was created by Donna2512
28 points for Daily living and 12 for Mobility so enhanced rates for both which is the correct award considering the descriptors and d's needs. Thank you again the guides were great and advice on here invaluable. Interestingly they awarded 12 points for communicating verbally so I'm glad that I stood my ground with them despite them raising safeguarding as an issue. I would imagine it would have been far less had I somehow managed to get d to say yes.
So there is the positive, the negative is that it is for just three years which considering it's autism and lifelong and needs haven't changed in years and I don't envisage them changing seems unnecessarily short. Is it possible to challenge the length of award without risking the award itself?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290181 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Award Letter Received
Hi Donna2512

That is good news. You can write and challenge the award length. They don't often change it -but you tell them that you are satisfied with the award outcome in every area and make your points about your daughter's lifelong conditions. I do know of a couple of people who have had their award lengths changed, but it isn't common especially as they are trying to shorten them across the board.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Donna2512, Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, Anji

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290188 by Sheila 966
Replied by Sheila 966 on topic Award Letter Received
Well done Donna, you can relax now - whatever you decide to do re the length of the claim. Pleased for both you and your daughter x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donna2512, Wendy Woo

More
2 weeks 15 hours ago #290196 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic Award Letter Received
Such good news, well done for all your hard work! And a deserved award...congratulations, positive results give us hope!!!

Anji
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donna2512, Sheila 966, Wendy Woo

More
2 weeks 4 hours ago #290236 by den1mon
Replied by den1mon on topic Award Letter Received
I challenged the length of an award and they agreed to extend it by two more years.
I was hoping for an 'ongoing' light touch review but they refused that even though my health conditions are life long, have worsened over time and this impacts my ability to function or even raise from my bed on the majority of days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Donna2512, Wendy Woo, Anji

More
1 week 6 days ago #290272 by Donna2512
Replied by Donna2512 on topic Award Letter Received
Well I've drafted my MR whether it will be successful or not who knows but I've gone with nothing ventured nothing gained. I've pointed out that Autism is a lifelong development disorder, she was diagnosed at 2 with moderate to severe autism and prognosis was poor. She has in fact outstripped predictions made at the time but it seems she has reached her developmental peak and she has made no developmental gains in the last nine years despite high levels of input and so it's unlikely that there will be any significant changes made in the next three years even with the continuing input she has now. I will let you know how I get on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, C, Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.