× Members

ESA decision Award Duration

More
9 years 7 months ago #124108 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA decision Award Duration

lucids wrote: Thanks again Gordon, when you talk about the Enhanced Disability Premium is that the part in the Award breakdown on the last page that says:
"Extra money because you are in the support group" (about £35)

Or an extra amount that requires means testing?

I'm still a bit confused as the actual amount receved in the IB-ESA transfer hasn't changed yet the council have awarded me more CT benefit.

From what you have posted I would expect your letter to say something like

Personal Allowance - £72.40
Support Group Component - £35.75
Transitional Payment - £2.00

The EDP (also referred to as Disability Income Guarantee) would be an additional amount only paid if you are eligible for an ESA(IR) top-up.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lucids

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #124110 by lucids
Replied by lucids on topic ESA decision Award Duration
Thanks yes the figures are about right.

I think I get it now. So I don't receive the enhanced premium right now but could claim it if they did the means test, and I was eligible on the form you sugeested earlier.

The council include that figure in terms of your entitlement (whether received or not) and therefore up the amount that they set as a minimum income level. Thus if you don't receive it you will be entitled to more CT benefit as they see you as having less income than your minimum threshold that you are entitled to..

I guess I'll have to call them to check as I've received no paperwork from them yet.

More
9 years 7 months ago #124112 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA decision Award Duration

lucids wrote: Thanks yes the figures are about right.

I think I get it now. So I don't receive the enhanced premium right now but could claim it if they did the means test, and I was eligible on the form you sugeested earlier.

The council include that figure in terms of your entitlement (whether received or not) and therefore up the amount that they set as a minimum income level. Thus if you don't receive it you will be entitled to more CT benefit as they see you as having less income than your minimum threshold that you are entitled to..

I guess I'll have to call them to check as I've received no paperwork from them yet.

Yes, that's it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lucids

More
9 years 7 months ago #124113 by lucids
Replied by lucids on topic ESA decision Award Duration
Phew...

Thank you Gordon for your help & patience with me.
And thank you to everyone on the site for their invaluable help and the guides, without which the whole process would have been much worse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.