× Members

I don't know what to do, help?

• bro58
9 years 6 days ago - 9 years 6 days ago #131861 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic I don't know what to do, help?

bro58 wrote:

Storm Thestral wrote: Just a quick update

I tried all that you suggested, and to cut a long story short, I phoned up to see what they had finally decided about my assessment, after giving it to them between the eyes so to speak. Anyhow they told me that they were recommending I don't need an assessment to the decision maker. :cheer: I don't know how long it will take, but at least step two of ESA is done now.

Apparently they got it from all sides, my GP, Consultant, Professor, Parents and MP, plus me and of all of you of course. I have to say that through it all the lady I was speaking to at the Centre was very kind, not like previous ones who had laughed at me when I couldn't remember stuff. I thanked her in between choking back sobs when she told me. Bless her she kept saying its alright, its alright now.

My MP has also told me if they try to take away my benefits I must phone him immediately so he can help. Thing is he's a Tory :blink: and he is helping me, bit of a shock really, although the cynical part of me says its an election year so...but who knows he has always been known as a bit of a rebel in their party :)

I will let you know what happens next, thank you once again x

Hi ST,

Well done on challenging them regarding their diabolical treatment of you, and gaining a just outcome !!!!! :cheer:

These bullies, as that is all they are, need to be challenged far more !! :angry:

However, they rely on the claimant not knowing how to challenge them, or being to afraid to do so, which is quite understandable.

They have been riding roughshod over sick and disabled claimants for years.

Have you, your M.P. or any other of your "supporters" got any written confirmation that you no longer have to attend a F2F ?

Hopefully, it won't take too long now for The DWP ESA DM to make a decision, and inform you.

Fingers crossed for a Support Group decision with a long prognosis ! :)

If you haven't heard in a week or so, you could contact them for an update :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA.

Even though your M.P. is a Tory they are still duty bound to represent the best interests of their Constituents, even if the Constituent is not of the same political persuasion, and "Yes" we do have a General Election looming.

As we now know that the F2F was for ESA, I gather that you had to deal with Maximus. (CHDA) ? (even though the majority of the staff will be the same as worked for ATOS)

Please let us know how things are moving along ! :)

bro58

Hi ST,

I forgot to clarify a very important point !!

As they have now decided that you do not have to take part in an ESA F2F "medical", you are undergoing a paper based assessment instead, you cannot be found "fit for work".

The DWP DM can only place you in The Work Related Activity Group (WRAG) or The Support Group. (SG)

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 6 days ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.