× Members

osteo

• bro58
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #132513 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic osteo
Hi t,

In case you are not already aware, as you have 8 points for "Moving Around", Standard PIP Mobility, you are also entitled to a 50% reduction in Road Tax.

See just over half way down : This Page.

Under the heading : Vehicle tax reduction.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tammy
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #132519 by tammy
Replied by tammy on topic osteo
thank you bro for letting me know so nice to have caring people around much appreciated

• tammy
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #133313 by tammy
Replied by tammy on topic little one turned down for disablity
hi to everyone writing on behalf of my niece she has a daughter of three and half in which she has found out that she has dwarfism she cries in pain and sais her back is falling and that her bones hurt she has started nursery in which they called her mum to say she falls over alot and is always moaning shes hurting .she cant walk far 10 meters and shes crying her legs hurt my niece was adviced to put in for disablitiy when she filled the forms out she said she can walk 50 meters she didnt really understand how far that was she was sent a letter from them saying she cant get disablity my niece has left it thinking well i tried its been well over 3/4 months now i know its gone over the time to appeal just wondered if theirs anything i can explain to her to help her its so sad seeing this little girl suffer she has great difficulty doing things in school she does see a consultant i dont know if she can ask him to put her in the right direction when she spoke to the lady over the about her disablity she was nt very helpful any help we will appreciate it and take it on board thank u

• bro58
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #133317 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic little one turned down for disablity

tammy wrote: hi to everyone writing on behalf of my niece she has a daughter of three and half in which she has found out that she has dwarfism she cries in pain and sais her back is falling and that her bones hurt she has started nursery in which they called her mum to say she falls over alot and is always moaning shes hurting .she cant walk far 10 meters and shes crying her legs hurt my niece was adviced to put in for disablitiy when she filled the forms out she said she can walk 50 meters she didnt really understand how far that was she was sent a letter from them saying she cant get disablity my niece has left it thinking well i tried its been well over 3/4 months now i know its gone over the time to appeal just wondered if theirs anything i can explain to her to help her its so sad seeing this little girl suffer she has great difficulty doing things in school she does see a consultant i dont know if she can ask him to put her in the right direction when she spoke to the lady over the about her disablity she was nt very helpful any help we will appreciate it and take it on board thank u

Hi t,

I am sorry to hear of the problems that your niece and her daughter are suffering ! :(

You don't state what the "disability" that they put in for was, but on the assumption that it was DLA for a child under 16, you can request a "Late" Mandatory Reconsideration of the adverse decision up until 13 months after the date of the adverse decision notice letter.

However, you would have to show "Good Cause" for it being late. (i.e. Outside the normal one month deadline)

Failing that, they could put a fresh claim in straight away.

Any letters of support from treating HCP's, or people that know your niece's daughter and how her limitations affect her will help.

e.g. Assistants at pre-school, or teachers at school etc.

There are guides on claiming DLA for a child under 16, 4th & 5th links down : This Page.

There are also guides on requesting an MR/Appeal for DLA further down the page.

See also : Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

&

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

Good luck, and please keep us updated.

bro58

• tammy
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #133349 by tammy
Replied by tammy on topic little one turned down for disablity
thank you bro it was dla that she put in for her condition is called psudoachrondriaplasi my niece has dyslexia i didnt know to put that in the letter that im gonna send as to why she didnt know about the 50 meters etc we do have proof of that as she was diagnosed a few years didnt know if this would the situation thank you so much for your time it means alot

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #133365 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic osteo
tammy

tammy

There is a guide to arguing the how far a claimant can walk in the DLA section. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlaclaims

You mention that the child is currently 3 1/2 years old, if the she was under 3 when the Decision that they are considering challenging was made, then they would not be eligible for either rate of the Mobility Allowance. The Higher rate can only be awarded if she was over 3 and the Lower rate can only be awarded if over the age of 5.

If this is applicable then they would have to report a Change of Circumstances and ask for just the Mobility component to be re-assessed. They need to be aware that the DWP can expand the review to both components if they wish.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.