× Members

New ESA50 form has arrived

More
8 years 4 months ago #145173 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic New ESA50 form has arrived
That is great news! Thank you for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

You might find this post helpful.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #145481 by onice
Replied by onice on topic New ESA50 form has arrived
Hello,

I have a quick question - I know it's very important to notify the DWP of any changes, however, I am not sure how this change can be quantified when it comes to mental health (social anxiety).

It is not something that is here today, gone tomorrow - it requires consistent work and progress is incremental.

At what point in my recovery process will I have to notify the DWP?

I hope to continue to make progress so long as I follow my recovery plan but there are no guarantees I am just taking it one day at a time and it's hard to say at what point I will be able to say "hey, I'm cured now" - I think it's something I will be managing for a long-time, not curing.

More
8 years 3 months ago #145507 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New ESA50 form has arrived
Onice

There's no clear cut answer to this.

First of all the change has to be permanent or at least expected to effect you for a reasonable period of time, before you need to report it, however, this is something that only you can evaluate.

As a general rule improvements in your conditions should always be reported to the DWP as failing to do so can lead to penalties and the over payment of benefit.

Reporting deteriorations in your conditions is more complicated, you still have a duty but the reality is that the DWP are not particularly interested in these and you also need to consider whether the deterioration would actually result in an increased award.

Reporting a Change of Circumstances, especially for PIP will result in a re-assessment of your claim in full, so even if your only have a change to one component it is likely that both will be looked at.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #145768 by onice
Hello,

Does anyone know if it is okay to sell used items online whilst receiving ESA?

I have a 3 items I would like to sell. Is there a specific price range I must stay within/is this something I need to tell the DWP about?

I would just like to make sure,

Thank you :)
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

8 years 3 months ago #145770 by
Replied by on topic New ESA50 form has arrived

onice wrote: Hello,

Does anyone know if it is okay to sell used items online whilst receiving ESA?

I have a 3 items I would like to sell. Is there a specific price range I must stay within/is this something I need to tell the DWP about?

I would just like to make sure,

Thank you :)

Hi o,

Selling the odd personal item will not affect your ESA, so you don't need to inform them.

It would only cause problems if you were doing so on a regular basis, and gaining an income from what may be construed to be a business.

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #147399 by onice
Hello,

I was placed in the ESA support group, but understand that I am able to attend WRAG meetings if I would like to.

My question is, how do I find these meetings? I have no idea where, when, or what they involve and would like to find out more.

Anyone know?

Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.