× Members

Still waiting

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #153306 by tammy
Replied by tammy on topic Still waiting
hi mm my nieces papers took 4 weeks she was turned down lost the mandatory we took it to the appeal way out of the time limit they give you and won the case she got enhanced mobility from 0 good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: mickymick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #153373 by mickymick
Replied by mickymick on topic Still waiting
Thank you for your help I am so sorry everything is all over the place I'm not very computer savvy but am very grateful for your help

More
8 years 1 week ago #154027 by mickymick
Hi. Sorry after some help again!! I have just phoned the Tribunal service asking if they had a rough idea of a date, to be told that the DWP has not sent them any paperwork and their deadline is today, she further went on to say that I should receive my paperwork from them before they send it to the tribunal and we have had nothing at all from them. Apparently I'd they don't send in the paperwork it will go towards the judge without it, but is that good for my case or not? Would be grateful if anyone else has had this problem please

More
8 years 1 week ago #154045 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Still waiting

mickymick wrote: Hi. Sorry after some help again!! I have just phoned the Tribunal service asking if they had a rough idea of a date, to be told that the DWP has not sent them any paperwork and their deadline is today, she further went on to say that I should receive my paperwork from them before they send it to the tribunal and we have had nothing at all from them. Apparently I'd they don't send in the paperwork it will go towards the judge without it, but is that good for my case or not? Would be grateful if anyone else has had this problem please

We've seen this happen quite a lot with PIP Appeals, basically the DWP have cut their staff so much that they are unable to cover all of the functions that they need to.

The usual procedure is that the Judge will grant then an extension of 2 or 4 weeks to make their submission and if they still don't reply, they will convene a hearing.

You need to make sure that you are ahead of the game, difficult if you haven't seen all of the DWP paperwork, but you'll likely only be given the required one month to prepare and submit your case.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago #154049 by mickymick
Thank you for that, was hoping that just on the teeniest chance they were going to change their mind because it will be so obvious to the judge that they have looked at my claim unfairly because there are so many contradictions in the report from the Health Assessor, eg saying that I was unable to manage to get dressed by myself and then literally saying in the next breath that I must be able to do it because I am my wife's carer ! She knew full well that I do not physically care for my wife anymore I help with her mental health needs which does not in any way mean that I can dress myself. I am very insulted by so many things that was contradicted. At last when we get the tribunal I can say what I need to say

More
7 years 10 months ago #157803 by mickymick
I am still waiting an appeal date, something rather odd happened the other day, after being given extra time the DWP finally sent me out my papers. On the same day as receiving them I Recieved a letter from pip basically saying that they have received more information and was sorry a decision was taking so long and they will get back to me ASAP. Among the papers I Recieved there was a new statement from the lady who did the face to face interview saying that I should now be awarded points on 3 of the descriptors obviously not allowing enough points to awarded any rate of pip. However again in her new report there were still out and out blatant lies. She has said I refused to even attempt the activities, this is a complete lie, at no point did I ever refuse to do anything she told me she wouldn't ask any more because it was obvious I was struggling. She also stated she saw me walk with my stick in a normal manner, again it was literally only a few feet across the living room. She has put that she saw me handle my papers and medication which again is untrue, at no point did I handle either any paperwork or medication. So I am very very confused again at what is happening. My worry is that the tribunal may believe her over me because she works for the DWP a government body, and there is no way I can prove it there was only myself and my wife present in the room.
Thank you for reading and I hope it makes sense

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.