× Members

Additional Information

More
7 years 10 months ago #159283 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic Additional Information
Today I received the brown envelope with the result from my recent reassessment for ESA. I have been kept in the support group, without the need for a face to face! :cheer: The whole process from posting the ESA50 has been 11 weeks. I cannot thank B&W enough, as I could never had done this without their help. Their advice to keep a pdf version of the ESA50 up to date is invaluable, and I was working on mine weeks ahead of the expected reassessment letter. B)

One question however, and one that takes the shine off the result slightly: I rang the DWP to ask how long the award was for, to be told it was for 12 months. If this is so, I will be due for reassessment with less than a year before my state pension. Is it possible that the information given to me was the old award, which was for 12 months. Needless to say, I have requested the documentation used for the decision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #159301 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Additional Information

summertrain wrote: Today I received the brown envelope with the result from my recent reassessment for ESA. I have been kept in the support group, without the need for a face to face! :cheer: The whole process from posting the ESA50 has been 11 weeks. I cannot thank B&W enough, as I could never had done this without their help. Their advice to keep a pdf version of the ESA50 up to date is invaluable, and I was working on mine weeks ahead of the expected reassessment letter. B)

One question however, and one that takes the shine off the result slightly: I rang the DWP to ask how long the award was for, to be told it was for 12 months. If this is so, I will be due for reassessment with less than a year before my state pension. Is it possible that the information given to me was the old award, which was for 12 months. Needless to say, I have requested the documentation used for the decision.

Congratulations on the award.

It is possible that the computer system has not been update yet, try ringing again in a couple of weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: summertrain

More
7 years 10 months ago #159303 by summertrain

It is possible that the computer system has not been update yet, try ringing again in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Gordon, that did cross my mind
Again many many thanks to the best benefits advice forum! :laugh:

More
7 years 10 months ago #159311 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Additional Information
That's great news Summertrain! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #159837 by summertrain
Gordon: Re the 12 Months prognosis. I have received a form LT54. I am surprised to read that for the Mental Health descriptors, they have decided that none apply, despite my GP and Psychiatrist indicating so in descriptors 13 - 16 (Is this identified as Schedule 3?)
However, they have applied Reg 35, thus qualifying me for The Support Group, thankfully.

The 12 Month prognosis is confirmed, as at the bottom of the form it says please refer for another WCA assessment in 12 months. This is crazy, as I will be less than a year away from my state pension. This latest assessment has if anything made me worse, and to go through this again so soon fills me with dread. They certainly know how to make people suffer to the bitter end!

Also, I am a little surprised that they are continuing to reassess people like this, after ATOS ran into so many difficulties by constantly reassessing people, which as we all know caused a massive backlog. One can only hope that Maximus will also fall foul, and have to halt reassessments in order to catch up.

More
7 years 9 months ago #159852 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Additional Information
summertrain

I'm afraid there is nothing that you can do about the prognosis, it is a recommendation only, it does form part of the award and therefore cannot be challenged.

It's actually not that unusual to receive a shorter period for Reg. 35 due to the way that it operates.

It is possible that they will defer a future reassessment because you are so close to retirement, but we have seen several members receive forms even though they only had months until they reached State Retirement Age. All you can really do is maintain an ESA50 ready to send if they look at your claim again.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: summertrain

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.