× Members

PIP awarded without a medical

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #153272 by Pammyd
Replied by Pammyd on topic PIP awarded without a medical
Sent everything I had from the start of his diagnosis from doctors, followed the phrasing on this site, had his care plan from community mental health team updated. Basically gave as clear a picture as possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 weeks ago #153273 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP awarded without a medical
Hi PD,

A belated congratulations !! :cheer:

Well done !! :)

bro58

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #153274 by Pammyd
Just sent as much info as possible with the claim form and followed the advice and phrasing on this site. It must have been enough for them to decide without seeing him

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #153310 by Shaky
Replied by Shaky on topic PIP awarded without a medical
Hello Pammyd,

Congratulations, I am was wondering if you can help me as I too have a mental health condition and a physical one. Does your son claim ESA, was he previously on DLA and lastly how long between the initial phone call and getting the positive result did it take?

Thanks

More
8 years 1 week ago #154478 by Pammyd
Hi Shaky,
Michael is in the wrag for esa and has been for some time, and no he has never been on DLA, it was in fact his job centre advisor that suggested he apply for pip.
All in all from ringing up for the claim form it took 8 weeks for a decision but his payment was backdated once awarded.
It took me two weeks to fill in the form and gather lots of evidence but was well worth it as the stress of a medical would have been enormous for him.
The guides on this site were invaluable.
Wishing you the best of luck
Pam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shaky

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.