× Members

New ESA50 form has arrived

More
8 years 6 months ago #140365 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New ESA50 form has arrived

onice wrote: Thanks,

it's starting to become clearer - from what you guys have said, I don't think I have a case. I am living with my parents, if their income is to be taken into account I'm not going to be eligible for anything - this is annoying as their money isn't my money.

Guess I'm on my own!

Your parents are not considered part of your household in regard to ESA, only a partner and your children would be included

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #140405 by ALPHA
Replied by ALPHA on topic New ESA50 form has arrived
Just put in a claim and back it up with a sick note and a letter from your therapist. act fast they are many here that will support you to get the money that will help you become well.

[Mod edit to lower case]
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by .

More
8 years 6 months ago #141049 by onice
Replied by onice on topic New ESA50 form has arrived
Hi guys,

Just wondering if there is anything in particular I should ask my doctor to write in a fit note? Also wondering of others experiences with asking, are GPs generally resistant/judgemental?

Thanks

More
8 years 6 months ago #141059 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New ESA50 form has arrived

onice wrote: Hi guys,

Just wondering if there is anything in particular I should ask my doctor to write in a fit note? Also wondering of others experiences with asking, are GPs generally resistant/judgemental?

Thanks

The important thing is that they are prepared to issue the Fit Note and continue to do so until you are assessed, ideally you want them to state you are unfit for work without any conditions, but even if they make one on the Fit Note the DWP will still accept it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: onice

More
8 years 6 months ago #141082 by onice
Thanks Gordon, my GP was fine with issuing the Fit Note - was quite quick and painless, on to the next step now...

More
8 years 5 months ago #142058 by onice
Hello, I requested a fit note from my GP a couple of weeks ago which she issued.

However, being new to this and not realising I was entitled to benefits prior to the actual day of requesting a fit note - I just asked for it to be dated from that day.

I have already put in a claim now but wonder if it will still be possible to claim for time before that date?

I've been seeing a therapist since the beginning of this year for a long-term problem (6 years) and have been making progress but I won't be fit to work by the time my fit note "expires" (next month).

My other question is, will I have to return to my GP to "renew" the fit note in order to continue to receive ESA? Or will that be unnecessary as I go through the claims process/assessment?

Thanks for any help - I am working my way through the information here but am not that confident that I am fully able to understand it all so just wanted to make sure.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.