× Members

Still waiting

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #146648 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Still waiting
Hi mm
You need to request a MR.
You will find a guide to appels in the member section in the links on the left hand side of any page of the website.
You can ring and request the MR and the assessors report.
You should also put the requests in writing as phone calls can get ignored or forgotten when dealing with the DWP. I'm not sure what was happening when you went through it with the man on the phone. Was he a decision maker? Was he conducting a MR on the phone?
Anyway you need to sit down with the reports and note every nil points award where you thought points should be and note what you thought based on your answers and evidence.
This will then form your submission to the MR. You can get additional evidence if you think any is needed.
If you didn't use us to fill in your claim it may also help if you go theough our guide before the appeal guide and see where you could have improved your claim form and reference this to your submissions as well.
Hopefully you will end up with something you can submit which will help you achieve the award you really deserve. Don't be discouraged if the MR just rubberstamps the decision, they nearly always do. Your real opportunity to fight the decision happens at the appeal proper.
Please also look at other posts and successes to help bolster you when feeling down. We are winning more often than losing nd our figures are getting better and better all the time. It is shattering to get these decisions but more often than not an appeal is successful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #146651 by foss27
Hi mm
I have replied in detail to your new thread.
Please can you keep all posts relating to the same issue on the one thread. It makes it far easier to answer queries and help people if they don't go starting more than one thread for the same problem.

More
8 years 3 months ago #146653 by mickymick
Replied by mickymick on topic Still waiting
Thank you so much for your help I am beginning to see that this is happening again and again to other people. The DWP have to sort this out its playing with people's lives

More
8 years 3 months ago #146655 by mickymick
Replied by mickymick on topic Still waiting
Sorry about that I have never done this before but I will remember
Thanks very much
The following user(s) said Thank You: foss27

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #146658 by foss27
The DWP don't care.

Their agenda is reducing the benefits bill. End of.

More
8 years 3 months ago #146737 by hartlepool1945
Replied by hartlepool1945 on topic Still waiting
Just a bit simplistic and off-hand don't you think !

I should point out that when I experienced letters POSSIBLY not reaching someone who mattered and was unsure if M.R. (ESA) had been triggered, I wrote to the Minister AND sent request for M.R. (using some hints off here) by recorded delivery - this triggered immediate action.............
On a slightly different front I experienced lots of help from DWP in claiming back owings of AA and PC for my late father (albeit again after writing to the Minister). Managed to get back £22K.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, mickymick

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.