× Members

Called for DLA to PIP Assessment at private physio

More
7 years 2 months ago #177692 by Maggie
Thank you Porthole Pete for your kind Christmas greeting. :cheer: Christmas Day proved to be a red letter day as it was the first day managed to get downstairs after my fall. Only for a short while as was too uncomfortable sitting in a chair for long, but long enough to have a couple of real ciggies after having to make do for so long with the e-cigs! Since then I've managed to get downstairs most days even if only for half an hour or so. Such a relief to not be staggering around on crutches!

Have a bad attack of The Impending Dooms today, probably brought on by trying to sort out all my PIP paperwork yesterday. I know I should be sending off my SAR request to Atos... One thing I've been wondering about is whether they actually bothered to contact DWP over their "typo" omitting that very important word "no". Guess I'll find out when I get the bundle from DWP for Tribunal.

Also must try and write to my MP. Will have to send a paper letter as need for her to see the response I had to my complaint to Atos, they only told her about their response to the typo. So I want to bring to her attention the fact that the assessor used the fact I wasn't in a med professional prescribed wheelchair enabled them to only give me 10 points and so lost my Motability car.

Horribly worried about going to Tribunal, ME is such a contentious condition :unsure: that I feel I'll be totally dependent on luck to get people who believe in it. :whistle: :(

Sorry, all doom and gloom today! :blush: At least the sun's come out! B) :)

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas, and wishing you all a Happy New Year and Success in your claims, MRs and Tribunals! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: unBat412Fd, slugsta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #177826 by Maggie
Post today brought letter from the Tribunal Service to say they'd received my request for Appeal. It was brief, to the point, and actually explained the single legal term they used (the respondent). Unlike missives from DWP! :laugh: Gives me the feeling that am dealing with people as opposed to automatons! ;)

So now have address and telephone number for any questions or to send further info to. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: unBat412Fd, Gordon

More
7 years 1 month ago #180424 by unBat412Fd
Hello Maggie, I have thought a lot about you over the last few weeks and wondered how you are getting on! Best wishes PP :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie

More
7 years 1 month ago #181796 by Loubs
Hi Maggie,

Have you got any news? I keep looking out for you xx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie, unBat412Fd

More
7 years 1 month ago #181990 by Maggie
Dear Porthole Pete and Loubs, thank you for your kindness in thinking of me and caring. :kiss: Life Just Keeps Happening so haven't got back with updates.

I got the DWP bundle about 2 weeks ago. :S

I managed to get all my med records from 1992 when I first got sick (well in theory, there's some tests that I remember having as were so painful that aren't in there, and some consultant meetings not included too). Husband has copied them all, to save trees he managed to get the single sided stuff from surgery done to double sided. :)

Just over a week ago I went to a meeting with an advocate at Fightback4Justice, and they've agreed to take me on. If they can possibly manage to they will attend Tribunal with me. This was a major thing for me - a drive from Liverpool to Bury, a meeting of over an hour, then the journey back. Week in bed afterwards as so shattered.

Felt that I really couldn't cope on my own with prep for Tribunal, and also at Tribunal. I'm 68, so this is my absolute last chance to get high mobility back. :( My brain has just given up with the stress of it all, afraid if I try to make my case myself it'll be a disaster. :sick:

Been called back by gastro-intestinal people at hospital. Surgeon wants me to have colonoscopy, have refused as the colonography they did was so awful even though it was supposedly "easier" and for old and/or frail. I'm both them these days! :whistle: Anyway upshot is I'm to have sigmoidoscopy instead, though not totally convinced will go through with it... I don't think the surgeon gets quite how much ME/CFS affects one's capability of coping with these invasive tests.

It's my Silver Sickiversary on 9th March. 25 years since I got ill. :ohmy: I guess husband and I will try and have a Sickebration. ;) Guess it's worth celebrating that I've managed to survive these 25 years. Recently it's been difficult to keep on trucking. :blush: :dry: Will be glad when this Tribunal stuff is over.

Sorry this rather confused update - brain gone on holiday and left me behind. ;)

Maggie xxx
The following user(s) said Thank You: unBat412Fd, Gordon

More
7 years 1 month ago #182032 by Yorkie lady
Replied by Yorkie lady on topic Called for DLA to PIP Assessment at private physio
Poor you, what an ordeal you have gone through.
I have just had my f2f assessment , very surprised at how young the assessor was.
I had heard that the assessors act like they are on your side, some sort of trick they play. I only answered her questions and did not engage in personal conversation , I was there for medical reasons only. I was very surprised at how little she wanted me to do, reading what they asked you to do I seem to have got off lightly. Who knows ????. Just got to wait for the dreaded brown bombshell to arrive. I wish you all the best. I will look out for updates from you.
Wish I knew how to add those funny faces to this post, must be brain fog. I would have sent you a smile, so sending you a hug instead. Take care.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.