× Members

Called for DLA to PIP Assessment at private physio

More
7 years 6 months ago #169230 by Maggie
Got brown envelope I think on Thursday - Nice Neighbour opened it as I had requested her to do, and took photo and sent it to husband, but I was asleep when he got it so I didn't find out till Friday.

As expected,from HP Report, Standard Rate for both Daily Living and Mobility, both Ongoing. So goodbye car. :sick: . I'm doing a marathon read of the how to challenge a PIP medical report etc etc at the moment! :whistle: . Husband rang the DWP PIP line this morning, and has requested a Mandatory Reconsideration on both parts. Lady said she'll enter it on system, and we have 21 days from today to get our reasons in. Is that correct? I thought it was 21 days from the date on the letter telling you what level (if any) of PIP you're getting.

Will write DWP to confirm the telephone conversation.

Husband also phoned Motability who were really kind and expressed sympathy. :) They looked me up on their system, and DWP haven't written them yet. They said they don't start doing anything about getting car back until they hear from DWP, and will write me then. But if they hear today the *earliest* I'll have to return car is 1st November. and it may be later.

I'm sorry to say our London trip has been pretty disastrous for me, though I did somehow manage to hear Tim Peake speak :) , but didn't manage any more of the NewScientistLive Exhibition. Been in a lot of pain, initially with hips, but then lower left abdomen. Spent Friday afternoon at St Thomas' Hosp where was diagnosed with diverticulitis. So we're stuck in London still, though hope to get home this week even if I have to wear adult nappies in car :blush: (sorry, prob TMI!) so can start collecting additional evidence - things like letters from neighbour, my Counsellor and GP..

ATOS were supposed to contact me about my complaint by last Thursday, but won't know if they have or not until we get home. Nothing via email which is how I contacted them, so assume it will be in writing.

Feeling down, not helped by feeling so ill, but will come out fighting I hope! HP report so riddled with lies it's hard to know which ones to choose! :huh: Husband gone to photocopy it x4 so have a couple to highlight and scribble on, and a couple to send on to anyone interested - would a copy be of any interest to the B&W office?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #169266 by Gordon
Maggie

It should be 28 days from the date you request the MR, but this includes postage time so you really need to aim for 21 days at most.

The current DLA award will run on for four weeks after the PIP Decision, I'm guessing the DWP will not contact Motability until the awards actually ends. I'm afraid the Motability are quite efficient at collecting the car.

Contact the office to see if they would be interested in the report.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie

More
7 years 5 months ago #169627 by Maggie

Gordon wrote: Maggie

It should be 28 days from the date you request the MR, but this includes postage time so you really need to aim for 21 days at most.

Husband rang DWP PIP helpline again this morning. He asked again about the time for putting in my reasons after we put in for the mandatory reconsideration request. They said 21 days from the date the MR request is registered. He then said that he'd heard from someone that it was 28 days, to which they responded that no, it's 21 days.

We tried 3 times to phone them yesterday across the day from around 11.30am but they put phone down on us every time.

Is it at all possible to get an extension for getting the MR reasons in? I had one good day earlier this week, but since then have been worse with the diverticulitis again, either sitting on loo :blush: or asleep as up so much in the night! :(

We're still in London (it's husband's 71st Birthday today) but have booked hotel half way for Sunday so hope to get home sometime Monday.

Off Topic: If anyone is interested I managed to tape 11 minutes of Tim Peake's talk, the bit about travelling from Khazakhstan to the ISS.

Was so glad I managed to get to the talk. Had to return to hotel afterwards as felt so ill. Husband managed to go back to ExCel and go round some more of the NewScientistLive exhibits. He was very pleased to meet the author of a book he was after, got a signed copy and had a conversation with him. Something about the Higgs Boson particle I think - I'm not into particle physics! :lol:

More
7 years 5 months ago #169632 by Gordon
Maggie

You can ask for an extension but I think it unlikely that the will agree, part of your problem will be that you will be talking to someone in the call centre, they are not involved in the MR process and have no authority to authorise anything.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie, wotsitallabout?

More
7 years 5 months ago #169641 by wotsitallabout?
Replied by wotsitallabout? on topic Called for DLA to PIP Assessment at private physio
So sorry Maggie for all that you've been through I'm
in the midst of filling out my form which has been very
stressful I get high rate mobility mid rate care on dla
and worried that I will lose my Mobility car as I live
alone this will be devastating for me though in pain
on average days I can manage to do my errands
hospital appointments etc I too find it difficult to stand for more
than 2 mins could you please tell me if you mentioned in your
p2 forms that you have a mobility car? thanks for your posts
its been a lot of help regarding the assessor!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie

More
7 years 5 months ago #169659 by Maggie
Very surprised this afternoon to get an email from my MP!

She's been in touch with ATOS on my behalf :) - if you remember I copied her in to the complaint I sent to them.

Apparently they have written me with more details, so will presumably find that letter when we finally get home, hopefully on Monday. The chap in touch with my MP is PIP Parliamentary Liaison Officer, Atos Healthcare. Which leads me to think that if there's such a role there must be a lot of questions from MPs!

Anyway, of the small amount of information I have so far I thought you might be interested in this:

"In particular the stamina issue is a typing mistake where the word 'no' was omitted, however this has had no impact on the report or the decision making process. Further information on the report is included in the letter to Ms (surname)."

I fail to see why this chap can say "this has had no impact on ....... the decision making process." How does he know that? This "typing mistake" is the very first thing that is reported that I said at the assessment, the first thing the DM will read about me personally rather than a list of conditions I have.

Will be writing to my MP to thank her for her time and effort over the weekend. Suspect she may well be sick of me before all of this is over! :lol: I'm very lucky to have one of the really hard working MPs. :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.