× Members

Called for DLA to PIP Assessment at private physio

More
7 years 5 months ago #171117 by unBat412Fd
Oh Maggie I know that sleeping pattern all too well. Its a true nightmare! Hope the trip u got planned to Wales does you the world o good! Sending you best wishes :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #171280 by Maggie
Thanks Mrs HB and PP. :)

Had phone appt with Nurse Practitioner from the Colorectal Team at Royal Hosp yesterday afternoon. She was very nice, very thorough, and I think it a good thing that they're doing this stuff over the phone - prob faster for them, Plus means I don't have to drag down to hospital and spend a fortune to park for a couple of hours just for a few questions.

Have mentioned wanting to spend some time in Wales, and she said usually scans are about 2 weeks from telephone assessment, but she's noted me down as being away till 1 November - car goes back that day :sick: so must be home by then. So I think we'll be setting off for a short final break in my Motability car on Friday... Unless the weather's really awful of course! ;) In which case we'd hang on for a day or so. :laugh:

Just hoping the PIP MR results don't arrive while we're away, but will take the Tribunal form and Instructions with us just in case - I'm sure our lovely neighbour will keep an eye on the post for me for a week. But I think that have a month from date of MR notice to get forms in, so prob shouldn't worry too much about it...

Will be attempting to get appt with my named GP for when we get home, need the spirometry results from last week following up. I feel like a med experiment at the mo! :whistle:

Best wishes from sunny Liverpool to all battling this awful system!

Maggie
The following user(s) said Thank You: unBat412Fd, Gordon

More
7 years 5 months ago #171309 by slugsta
Hi Maggie,

As you say, you will have one month from the date on the MR decision letter in which to submit your appeal request. I hope you have a restful few days away.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #171439 by Sue
Hi Maggie,
We too, have had the fact that the wheelchair my daughter uses was not prescribed by a doctor, used as evidence that she can walk more than 20 metres.
Even a paraplegic relative has to buy her own chair so it's an interesting point of view!
We are now off to a Tribunal.........

More
7 years 4 months ago #172490 by Maggie
Feeling rather down as husband has just taken Motability car back to garage. Still waiting to hear about MR.

We did get away to caravan for a week, came home Sunday, but even there we had to call DWP over mysterious letter that arrived the day we left. :angry: Husband had text yesterday to say they had all the info they need (exactly word for word the one they sent when original PIP stuff went in), so hopefully they really do!

Had appt letter for the colonography on Friday, but at 8.50am which isn't possible for me - apart from anything else the shuttle bus for disabled from car park to hospital only starts at 8.45. We've been trying to get in touch over other questions too, but despite several phone calls yesterday we haven't had a call back yet. So we've just cancelled the appt and will re-book when we get some answers.

Trip to GP on Thursday to talk about the spirometry tests I had done a few (3?) weeks ago. Will alert her that I may need letter for Tribunal. Plus intend to ask for copies of my med records too. If I can remember! :lol:

Seeing as it was such a gorgeous afternoon yesterday we went to Pickerings Pasture with cameras. Husband wheeled me along the path by the River Mersey and we enjoyed the hazy views, the birds, and the autumn colours. A nice final trip for me in my Motability car. Here's a link to my photos that I hope may cheer up anyone feeling a bit downhearted.

www.flickr.com/photos/liverpool-leftover...ms/72157674577552691

Most of this is off topic, but just wanted to let you know where we're up to currently!
The following user(s) said Thank You: unBat412Fd, Gordon, jlm52, James45

More
7 years 4 months ago #172509 by Maggie
Husband on way home from dropping off my Motability car, followed by a swim (I suggested that as Health Club close to dealership, and I need him to stay healthy! ;) ), got a phone call from my Counsellor.

Counsellor has had a letter from ATOS asking for a report on me.

Was happy for their name and address to be put on my original PIP claim to give more evidence, but nobody got back in touch back then.

Will ask GP on Thursday if they've had similar.

Find it strange that they should be asking for further evidence now. Is this due to my MR? And if so, why is it ATOS getting in touch rather than DWP? Or do DWP send it back to ATOS and ask for more input/evidence?

Or is something else going on? Not sure whether to be worried or not! :unsure:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.