× Members

Well, its done!

More
7 years 4 months ago #173664 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Well, its done!
vinnyax@

I think you may have misunderstood.

You do not need to meet every Descriptors to score points :)

Although you may meet more than one, it is the one that scores the highest points that should be awarded.

I'm talking about, for some Descriptors, that they have multiple elements. So as an example from Managing Treatments one of the Descriptors reads

c. Needs supervision, prompting or assistance to be able to manage therapy that takes no more than 3.5 hours a week.

There are three elements to this Descriptor.

1. It is about managing therapy, there is a legal definition for this.
2. There has to be a need for supervision, prompting or assistance, again each of these has a legal definition.
3. It is regard to therapy that takes no more than 3.5 hours a week.

So you would need to show that you meet all three of these elements "reliably" and "on the majority of days" to score the associated two points.

I hope this explains it better

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #173668 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Well, its done!

vinnyax@ wrote: Gordon, mrs hurtyback Bro58................anyone, would really appreciate a response x

You need to give us time to answer your questions, you are not only person posting and we deal with posts on a first come first serve basis.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 4 months ago #173671 by littlenell11
Replied by littlenell11 on topic Well, its done!
I am so sorry Gordon, it was very selfish of me, feeling mortified ........... hope you accept my apology
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
7 years 4 months ago #173672 by littlenell11
Yes, so much clearer thank you Gordon, head is mushed Im afraid.............panicking and very anxious, thank you again

More
7 years 4 months ago #173757 by littlenell11
Hi,

I have a disease that affects my central nervous system, (since 2008) which over the past two years has spread to the periphal nervous system, I am wondering if I can ask to see a Doctor as I dont think some of the assessors will have the knowledge to understand my problems,

thank you

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #173769 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Well, its done!
Hi Vinny,

When I have time, I am going to merge all your questions into one topic. We do ask that everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic as it makes things much easier for us - so please will you confine any further messages to this topic? You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now. Alternatively you can click on your user name (in blue when you are logged into the site) and this will bring up a list of all your previous messages :)

I'm afraid DWP take the stance that all assessors have been trained specifically to do the job and do not need any in depth knowledge of the conditions involved. There are some neurological conditions that the guidelines suggest should be assessed by a doctor, but this is only advisory and not often complied with.

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.