× Members

ESA Refused

More
7 years 3 months ago #175241 by Larry1234
Replied by Larry1234 on topic ESA Refused
Gordon,

Thanks for the link. I found: CSE/151/2012 [2012] UKUT 376 (AAC): Whether someone can reasonably use a wheelchair to mobilise. Very interesting it appears that, 1. The appropriateness of the wheelchair with respect to the persons health condition. 2. Whether a wheelchair is actually available and 3. "The appellant lives in an upstairs tenement flat. No questions were asked as to whether a wheelchair would be practical/suitable for her from the point of view of her living arrangements.” need to be considered by the tribunal. And one might think the Decision Maker too, before it gets to an appeal.

In my case I don't think It'd help my condition even if I could use it, I'd be better off with my stick/chair hybrid as at present. I'd have to have a wheelchair assesment before I could get one afaik. Lastly, as mentioned before, it is totally impracticable for me with regard to my living arrangements.

Will keep you posted on further developments.

Larry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #177030 by Larry1234
Replied by Larry1234 on topic ESA Refused
Gordon,

I went to my doctor today, found out that "they" (I assume the DWP), "won't accept any more fit notes". Also that a wheelchair assessment will have to be obtained via social services.

Upon returning home found a brown envelope from the DWP.: Mandatory Reconsideration, "We have not changed our decision", dated 15/12/16.

So..... without supporting evidence showing that I am unable to use a wheelchair it doesn't look like an appeal is viable. I am not particularly interested in widening this matter further.

I am back on JSA and due to deteriorating mobility have bought a lightweight rollator.

Larry

More
7 years 3 months ago #177045 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Refused
Larry

When someone is found Fit for Work the DWP write to their GP to say that they do not need to provide further Fit Notes, but it most certainly do not say that they cannot issue a new Fit Note especially when it is in connection with an appeal of the Decision.

A Wheelchair Assessment is just one way of showing that you cannot use one :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 3 months ago #177046 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Refused
Larry

When someone is found Fit for Work the DWP write to their GP to say that they do not need to provide further Fit Notes, but it most certainly do not say that they cannot issue a new Fit Note especially when it is in connection with an appeal of the Decision.

A Wheelchair Assessment is just one way of showing that you cannot use one :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.