× Members

PIP 1043 form help me please, I am terrified :(

More
6 years 9 months ago #191101 by melannie
I have just paid to be a member of of your website and in need of very urgent help indeed.:unsure:

My friend has been awarded the "full" pip for 2 years and now after only 9 months he has got this really scary looking PIP 1043 form, he can't fill it in as he can't even look after himself, I am trying my best not only to help him in general but now this too, I am not officially a carer but I am doing all the same jobs and 100's more on top of that.

He decided it's best to get a mobility car, so he used that option when he was first awarded the full pip as it means that I can drive about and do everything he needs and requests etc.

Now he is so scared about this PIP 1043 form that he has started to get the extreme sucidal thoughts back again and everything.

Please, can someone or anyone help me a.s.a.p as I have already got an extension of time on this to be returned and already the clock and days are flying past and I just don't know which way to turn.

Please help me to help him get through all this and hopefully at the end of the day he keeps everything he has been awarded for the two years, it's such a shame putting people through this utter torture :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #191103 by Gordon
Melanie

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The 1043 form is the PIP Review form, there is help with completing this in our PIP Claim guide, see

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have specific questions then reply to this post and we will do our best to help. I'll next be online at 2pm om Tuesday.

Gorodn

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: melannie

More
6 years 9 months ago #191173 by melannie
Hi and thanks @Gordon, but after reading all that I am still left totally unwise on what to do next, I need more help and hopefully in depth help as I simply do not have a clue and don't know which way to turn, I am terrified I make a mistake and this person loses the lot or even has to have ANOTHER face to face after only 9/10 months.

Gordon, can you help me or anyone that is in the know for that matter, I don't mind giving my email address so that I can send a phone number to contact me on or something like that, although with you "Gordon" being a moderator on here I assume you can see my email address anyway, but if it was anyone else helping me, I have a fully encrypted 100% safe email address I can use for sending a contact number.

This person I am trying to help is running out of time as the clock ticks, only have days left, not weeks or months.

Can someone please help and if you do decide to reply Gordon, can you make sure that I am sent a response to my email address as I don't see anywhere in here that I can change the settings so that I get notified by email which would help a lot if someone comments.

Thank you. :(

More
6 years 9 months ago #191192 by Gordon
melannie

All posts are moderated and will not appear in the forum until approved by a Moderator.

I'm afraid we are unlikely to be able to provide you with the help you are looking for, we cannot provide support to members through email and whilst we will do our best on the forum to help you understand the criteria that your friend is being assessed against, we cannot tell you what to write on the form.

You can try and get face to face advice by doing an internet search for "welfare advice" with your friend's postcode, town or county.

If you want to try and tackle the form with our help then please ask any questions you have by replying to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #191560 by melannie
hi just want to say if replying to no change to most of paperwork and only one change can this cause a face to face?

More
6 years 9 months ago #191564 by Gordon

melannie wrote: hi just want to say if replying to no change to most of paperwork and only one change can this cause a face to face?

Any notification of a change raise the likelihood of a face to face, but there is no way to quantify the risk, especially we have heard from members who reported no changes at all being asked to attend a new assessment. all you can do is provide as much information as possible and see what happens.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.