× Members

WRAG interview, what to do

More
6 years 5 months ago #199296 by Invisible guy
WRAG interview, what to do was created by Invisible guy
hi, I have a WRAG interview in a few days, a couple of months ago I had a knee injury and I could not straighten the leg for several weeks. I went to the doctor who agreed to send me for a scan, but I never got the hospital letter. I can now straighten the knee but I think there's damage in there and I need to be checked anyways. I am chasing the doctor, hospital, etc. I don't want to go to the WRAG interview, what should I do? Any advice? thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #199315 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WRAG interview, what to do
SCHOPENHAUER

Is this a Work Focussed Interview at your local JC+ or am assessment with Maximus.

If the former then contact your advisor, they may be willing to defer the meeting or to hold it over the phone but check the appointment letter first, if it say mandatory, then no attending risk your receiving a sanction which could reduce your ESA payments.

If it is with Maximus, then you can move the appointment once but must attend a second appointment or you risk your claim being closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Invisible guy

More
6 years 5 months ago #199405 by Invisible guy
Replied by Invisible guy on topic WRAG interview, what to do
Thanks Gordon. It's a Jobcentre interview. Do you know if my housing benefit will be stopped too, if I am sanctioned? Thanks

More
6 years 5 months ago #199406 by Invisible guy
no need to reply to second question, I found the answer. Thanks

More
6 years 5 months ago #199412 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WRAG interview, what to do
Schopenhauer

I will answer :)

It should not effect your HB but we have seen cases where it has!

If your ESA is reduced because of other income or savings then the removal of the Personal Allowance by a sanction can result in no ESA being payable and this can trigger a suspension of HB.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Invisible guy

More
6 years 5 months ago #199444 by Invisible guy
Much appreciated, Gordon. Especially considering I didn't know that part. Thanks :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.