× Members

Help,Pip Assess autistic son transferring from dla

More
5 years 5 months ago #220993 by Urchin
Hi guys. My son is 16 has autism, so having to transfer from Dla to pip. Have filled in all the forms and sent them back. On the forms I requested a home visit due to his autism and the stress what will likely escalate from having to travel to and go through an assessment.

Lo and behold, this week I have heard from them giving me an appointment in the near future to travel to when I specifically requested a home visit for him. Admittely the assessment place is within my town but the whole scenario of travelling and assessment is very likely to trigger a meltdown due to his autism.

What do I need to do now as I am very unhappy that they've showed no consideration for his needs?

Can I get this changed to a home assessment as I originally requested? We are in a Capita area. Please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221007 by Gordon
Urchin

I'm afraid you are not going to get a home assessment on your word only, you will need the support of his GP who needs to write to the Assessment Provider explain in unambiguous terms why he cannot attend at their offices.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.