× Members

Mail handling Wolverhampton

More
5 years 1 month ago #225627 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP MR
Just double-checking that I understand correctly:

When you mention 'you can destroy the report...' you mean the assessor's report, through showing discrepancies etc.?

When you mention 'if you have not shown that you meet the criteria...' you mean if the testimony in my MR letter doesn't clearly show that I meet the criteria?

I can relate with your comment about trying to bring the descriptors to the condition, instead of starting from the descriptor and show where the condition meets the criteria - reliably.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #225644 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR

Chris wrote: Gordon,

Thank you, interesting nuance. Am I misunderstanding what standing means (English is not my first language)? To me standing is different from standing up. Standing means I am already in an upright position, supporting myself with my legs. I always assumed that walking is harder than standing because not only you have to be upright but also you need to be able to move forward. So if I can't even be standing, I have no chance to be walking...

I get your point though that the descriptor doesn't talk about standing, but refers to walking, and that it requires some joining the dots if I talk about standing only.

So I need to ensure that I make that clear in my notes.

It depends on your conditions and how they affect you, my partner has problems standing still as it puts pressure on the base of their spine, walking actually reduces the pain although it causes its own problems.

So yes, it's essential you describe your problems in detail to prevent the assessor from making assumptions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
5 years 1 month ago #225645 by Gordon

Chris wrote: Just double-checking that I understand correctly:

When you mention 'you can destroy the report...' you mean the assessor's report, through showing discrepancies etc.?

When you mention 'if you have not shown that you meet the criteria...' you mean if the testimony in my MR letter doesn't clearly show that I meet the criteria?

I can relate with your comment about trying to bring the descriptors to the condition, instead of starting from the descriptor and show where the condition meets the criteria - reliably.

Yes I mean the assessment report.

Your MR letter but also the information you included in and with your claim form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #225654 by Chris
Gordon,

I hope I'm not asking too many questions...

It seems to me that the testimony bit in the MR letter is to some extent a repeat of the information of how I meet the criteria in the claim form, is it not?

Chris

More
5 years 1 month ago #225663 by Gordon
Chris

It is with adjustments from your reading the report and additional comment for any rebuttals or clarifications you make, you don't need to copy information from your form, you can refer to it; this may be to your advantage as it forces the DM to read what you wrote originally.

Gordon

More
5 years 1 month ago #225783 by Chris
Gordon,

I have now clarified my description about standing vs walking. Would you be able to have a look through my submission for activity 11. Moving around, please? I think I am pretty much there as it reflects well my circumstances while keeping to facts.

Activity 12. Moving around
I have not been awarded any points for moving around.
I believe I should have been awarded 8 points for this activity because I can stand and then move unaided more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres.

The GP’s letter clearly states that an assessment showed I cannot sustain to walk more than 50 m due to CFS or I will be unable to do any further walking for the rest of the day, and that this is still the case now.

I told the assessor that because of ME/CFS I get extremely fatigued easily. I can move in my bungalow from one room to one other and back (20 to 40 metres) but then I must rest, by sitting or lying down, because of painful burning sensation in my legs, I feel faint and often have heart palpitations. For example, I can walk from my living room to the kitchen and back to the living room but then I must rest. If I don’t rest and continue to walk to another room like the bedroom, I get so exhausted that I will be unable to do any further walking for the rest of the day, and the effect is worse the following day when I will have to stay in bed most of the time because of exhaustion. I have my weekly shopping delivered home, I have a cleaner twice a month and someone to maw the lawn and trim the hedges.

The assessor has noted that I walked to the assessment room approximately 30 metres but has not asked me how I was. I felt unwell and sat down as soon as I arrived, then did not stand nor walk for another 90 minutes. After 90 minutes I walked from my chair to the bench, where I was too exhausted to complete the assessment, as recorded by the assessor in her report. My friend had to do the driving back home.

The assessor justifies the descriptor choice by stating I don’t know how far I can walk, but I clearly explained that I could only walk from one room to another and back, then I must rest or I get so exhausted that I will be unable to do any further walking for the rest of the day. The assessor says in one place that I could not complete the MSO due to exhaustion (which is correct), but then justifies the descriptor choice by stating that I completed the MSO in full.

The assessor states that I am not prescribed any medication but she never asked me the question. As confirmed by the GP’s letter, I am prescribed Risperidone 500mcg and Pregabalin 25mg.

The assessor states I have no regular input but she has not made a record of the current inputs I receive, that I explained during the assessment and included in the claim pack i.e. Psychotherapy every 2 weeks, SRT twice per month, GP twice a month, Dr Andy Cutler chelation treatment weekly, CFS retraining programme as needed.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.