× Members

Good news and no more benefit stresses for now.

More
5 years 3 months ago #222616 by johnhoward65
Benefit stress. was created by johnhoward65
Hi everyone,

I’ve been a long time lurker and have found the site and forums very helpful over the past years, so thanks B&W and especially to you Gordon for the great work you do here on the forums.

I have complex medical and physical health issues.

My PIP was stopped around a year ago when I went from quite a lot of points and enhanced daily living to 0 points. Decision remained the same with MR so I’m taking it to appeal. A tribunal date was set a month or so ago but was postponed at short notice so I now have a new date in the new year.

As if this wasn’t already stressful enough I have recently received another ESA50 to complete which has to be sent in by the end of the year. Christmas post and holidays take a big chunk out of the already short time I have to this. I might just being cynical (or paranoid!) but the timing of this seems suspicious to me, although I guess it has now been over 3 years that I’ve been in the Support Group so it is time to be re-assessed. First time around I was put into the SG without a face to face, will be interesting to see what happens this time around.

This is all very stressful!

That’s all for now.

J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #222624 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Benefit stress.
J

Make sure that you use the current ESA CLaim guides, whilst the Descriptors have not changed since you were last assessed the DWP have updated their guidance.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnhoward65

More
5 years 3 months ago #222633 by johnhoward65
Replied by johnhoward65 on topic Benefit stress.

Gordon wrote: J

Make sure that you use the current ESA CLaim guides, whilst the Descriptors have not changed since you were last assessed the DWP have updated their guidance.

Gordon

Will do, thanks.

More
5 years 2 months ago #224460 by johnhoward65
Hi,

I managed to get my ESA50 sent off before xmas and it was received before the deadline so now just have to wait and see.

After a long wait I have finally had my PIP Tribunal. I felt so ill in there, due to the stress of it all my mental illness was nearly as bad as it can get. Having read about people’s negative experiences of tribunals also added to my worries and concerns. There was a DWP presenting officer there too.

As expected there were a lot of questions but they were asked in a considerate way and the panel members did their best to put me at ease as I really wasn’t feeling good and this must have been clear for all to see.

I had been well prepared and I didn’t refer to my submission or appeal pack once, there really was no need too. I really couldn’t gauge how things were going though.

Nearing the end the Judge asked the presenting officer if they had anything else to say. Here we go, I thought. To our surprise he admitted that the DWP had got it wrong and that my PIP should never have been stopped.

I ended up getting my enhanced daily care back and also standard mobility which I didn’t have previously.

So, try not to let the negative experiences of others stress you too much. Prepare as well you’re able to, there is a wealth of knowledge to be found here on B&W (Thanks), have solid supporting evidence and if possible try and have someone with you for support.

J
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwistedWitch, benefits61

More
5 years 2 months ago #224482 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Benefit stress.
J

Congratulations on the appeal win, well done.

It usually takes the DWP 5-8 weeks to process a Tribunal Decision although it may be quicker if the DWP has accepted their original Decision was wrong, I would give them a call to make sure that they have received the Decision Notice.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnhoward65

More
5 years 2 months ago #224880 by johnhoward65
Thanks Gordon.

I have now received the arrears that were owed and my monthly PIP payments will resume in the not too distant future.

I am wondering, will I get any further communication from Tribunal Services regarding their decision and how they came to it or is the decision notice all there will be?

J

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.