× Members

, being switched from DLA to PIP and kakking it

More
5 years 1 week ago #229129 by WATP
Working my way through this bloody form . WOW ! out of my depth ! . Dowloaded the guide what a saviour !!!! and wise words for guidance would help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago #229138 by Gordon
Jock

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Forget about your DLA award, PIP is a very different beast.

Break the work down into manageable units.

Make sure you understand the criteria that you are being asked to meet and don't try and fit it to your problems, if there is any adaption needed then it has to be your limitations to the Descriptors.

Make sure you understand and apply "reliably" and "on the majority of days" to your answers wherever relevant. Both are explained in the guide.

If you are stuck then ask by replying to this post.

You can request a two-week extension if you need by phoning the number of the letter that accompanied the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 6 days ago #229239 by WATP
Been working my way through each question and doing notes on each , I will do rough write ups next before I fill in actual form , trying to be systematic about the process . I have been in touch with my GP and he is very helpful and my condition assoc Welfare chap too . I just wish the language was a bit more plain English , who uses the word "descriptor " ????.

More
5 years 6 days ago #229243 by Gordon
Jock

It's because they are legal definitions of the criteria you need to meet.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.