× Members

DLA to PIP “all the information” letter

More
4 years 10 months ago #231078 by Diane
Hi,
I was invited to transfer from DLA to PIP and returned the forms 3 weeks ago enclosing evidence and supporting letters from my consultants.
I have received a letter saying they now have all the information they need to decide if they can make an award and they will write when they’ve made their decision.
Does this suggest that I won’t be called for a face to face assessment? How long do they usually take to make a decision once they say they have all the information needed?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231103 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP “all the information” letter
Diane

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Yes, it should mean that you won't be called for a face to face although the DWP can still request one although it would be unlikely that they would.

I don't have current data but we were advising ten weeks for a Decision in April.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diane

More
4 years 10 months ago #231668 by Diane
Just wanted to update and say thank-you so much for the information and guidance on this site.
It is less than 5 weeks since I returned my PIP claim form. I have received the decision letter and I’m happy and relieved with the award.
I wonder if you could just clarify a few points for me please just for my peace of mind.

Firstly the award is described as for “an ongoing period”. Is this similar to an indefinite award of DLA? Should I expect not to hear any more until after the date stated in the letter? Do I need to do anything in the meantime if my needs do not change?

The letter states the decision was made using the “how your disability affects you” form, there is no mention of the supporting medical evidence that I enclosed from my consultants. As I received the award I regard as correct this isn’t really an issue but I wonder why it wasn’t considered?

I think the points I was awarded for each activity are fair apart from 2 activities where I would have expected to score more. This is not significant as it would not alter the outcome of the decision so I assume this is not an issue?

Finally what is an assessment report? I have read you have advised others to ask for a copy of theirs, do I need to have one for future reference ?

Thank-you again for your help and advice.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231691 by Gordon
Diane

First of congratulations on the award, well done.

Yes, an On-Going award is as close to an indefinite one that PIP gets, you don't have to do anything unless there is a Change and they won't contact you until at least the date on the letter.

It's a standard letter so so I would not assume that your evidence was not used.

There will still have been an assessment report produced even though you did not have a face to face, you can request a copy by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diane

More
4 years 10 months ago #231726 by Diane
Thanks Gordon.
Could it be of any future use to me to have a copy of the assessment or is it just for my information?

More
4 years 10 months ago #231733 by Gordon

Diane wrote: Thanks Gordon.
Could it be of any future use to me to have a copy of the assessment or is it just for my information?

It's really up to you.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.