× Members

benefits after 66 years of age.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231085 by magpiejoe08
hcp esa medical assessment was created by magpiejoe08
hello, I received my medical assessment report, and it states that ''the client was found to meet the criteria for limited capability for work and work related activity'' ''the available evidence suggests improvement is unlikely in the longer term'' this report is the most concise I have ever received from an hcp, it does not say how many points I earned, (all the others have) it did not (suggest when I may have to go for another assessment) the last one suggested at least 2 years. I did phone the dwp before I received my results and was told that they had given me 3 years and will take me to 2022 (but that isn't in writing) thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231107 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic hcp esa medical assessment
Hi Magpiejoe08

ESA is an indefinite award with scheduled reassessment so there is no end date or award length on the Decision Letter.

If you have the assessment report, then the prognosis is usually used to set the next assessment date. You have been told on the phone that the next assessment is three years which is standard. You are not likely to receive this in writing.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #231128 by magpiejoe08
Replied by magpiejoe08 on topic hcp esa medical assessment
thank you. my next query is hypothetical, I am coming up for my 63rd birthday in june 2019, I had my medical on sunday 28th april 2019, so if my next medical is in april 2022 it means I will be 65yrs and 10mths old. if I pass again what happens when I reach my retirement age which is 66yrs? more importantly, what happens if I don't pass? my guess is I would ask for a mandatory reconsideration, then a tribunal, which would probably take me past my 66th birthday in june 2022. as I say purely hypothetical. thank you.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231377 by magpiejoe08
Replied by magpiejoe08 on topic benefits after 66 years of age.
thank you for your reply. it's just that I thought that when you reached state pension age (in my case 66) that your esa changed to something else. have I maybe got confused with industrial injuries and reduced earnings allowance as I receive these as well.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231379 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic benefits after 66 years of age.
Hi Magpiejoe08

Sorry, for my previous incorrect answer. ESA and Pension are income-related benefits - so your state pension will replace your ESA. You can check the government's calculator to see if you are eligible for any other benefits.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: magpiejoe08

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.