× Members

mega worried, ESA stopped from 4th June

More
4 years 10 months ago #232425 by sally-jane
mega worried, ESA stopped from 4th June was created by sally-jane
Hi,
Really worried. I noticed today my ESA C/B Support Group entitlement for 3 yrs - til April next year , fortnightly payment, did not go into my bank account today.

The post arrived later this morning and low and behold a very confusing letter - how unusual.
Your claim for ESA/Changes in the ESA rates payable
we have looked at your claim again following a recent change

It then lists the amounts being paid fortnightly since 2015!!! blaa blaa
Follows on with

From the 9th April 2019 your ESA will be £xxx - (the correct amount, which has arrived as per normal every fortnight)

We cannot pay your ESA from the 4th June

Your circumstances mean you qualify for the Christmas bonus - ( funny never had that in yrs!!!)
We will credit you NIC while claiming ESA

It then goes on as per usual re change of circ/ partners circ/money, how they will pay me etc etc.

Then it says I have a month to discuss this and they will look at it as a mandatory recon.
Very confused as nothing has changed, no difference in anything coming in or change of circumstances with my health. I am solely on contribution based with no IR topup.

Husband will call them on my behalf as I do not deal with the finances etc as he deals with it all. We have had no other comunication from them or any reason for this to be changed.
Has anyone got any idea what this is all about.

Help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232438 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic mega worried, ESA stopped from 4th June
Hi PCM

If you are in receipt of CB ESA and in the support group then you can stay on this until you have been reassessed, my question to you is have you recently had an assessment? if you have then you may have been found fit for work.
Your husband needs to contact DWP to see what is going on and why you have received the letter especially if you have not had an assessment. You may need to request a mandatory reconsideration click on our 'Members Only Guides' and then 'ESA and UC appeals' which will explain what you need to do to appeal, Remember time limits, one month from the decision letter date.
You may want to ask for a breakdown of how they made their decision, some decisions have been made in error, so contact DWP ESA enquiry line 0800 169 0310 in the first instant to find out why your ESA is ending, you will need to be there when your husband calls the DWP as they may not discuss your claim with him, unless he has Power of Attorney.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sally-jane

More
4 years 10 months ago #232449 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic mega worried, ESA stopped from 4th June
Hi, thankyou for the reply.

My last assessment was April 2years ago - with a 3 yr time scale before the next re assessment - and the paperwork returned gave a date of 2020 June for the next assessment.
Therefore not due for an assessment again until April onwards 2020.

I have been on IB/ESA CB SG since 1999 following a motorcycle accident at work and over the years have had idiotic letters, however this is the first time my monies have ceased without prior knowledge.

I have sent a copy of the letter dated 11th June 2019 re my ESA monies ceasing to our MP, who has assisted us over the years' asking for his help yet again.

Thank you re the number for my husband to call as well, on Monday morning.

He works thru the week so being beside him for him to be allowed to give him the right to call will be probematic, however we did tell them in the past to allow such calls - whether or not they still have this information or are aware of it is a different matter!!!!

He will also ask them to write to us in regards to why monies have been stopped.

We are aware a mandatory recon may be required from the paperwork, received, but why we are being dealt with all this is baffling to say the least.

It is probably as you mentioned, an error, yet again, at least that is what we are hoping for.

Thank you

More
4 years 10 months ago #232455 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic mega worried, ESA stopped from 4th June
Hi,

I emailed our MP on Saturday afternoon after receiving the obscure letter from the DWP, and did not expect a reply until sometime next week, however here I am on a Sunday afternoon with this reply from my MP already, cannot complain at all, excellent help, now just have to wait to see what transpires.
Many thanks for your email of yesterday evening.

I cannot make any sense of the letter you received either!

Let me see what I can find out by phone tomorrow and I will keep you posted.
Husband will still phone DWP office number provided first thing on Monday morning, 9am 17/6/19, and see what transpires, and we also have drafted a letter to be sent to the department listed on top of the letter along with a copy of the said ill written letter reminding them of time constraints if further action will be required re M.C. etc.

Think that is all we can do until we can find out what they are up to.

thankyou

All help and ideas most welcome

More
4 years 10 months ago #232466 by Gary
Hi PCM
I usually find if you make DWP inquiries via your MP then it will be dealt with much quicker than trying to do it yourself as MP enquiries take precedence over other enquiries.
Let us know how you get on.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232469 by Gary
Hi PCM

Keep us informed of any outcomes, by the sounds of it your MP is on the ball which is very reassuring.

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: sally-jane

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.