× Members

mega worried, ESA stopped from 4th June

More
4 years 10 months ago #232484 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic mega worried, ESA stopped from 4th June
thank you.
We now have discovered the reason behind why my ESA has stopped.
It is a misunderstanding from advice provided over the phone by the DWP.
I have inadvertently misunderstood a communication, well more than one which has now instigated a meeting with the DWP.
I shall have to write to them and set up a meeting to sort it out which may not be as easy as it originally was thought. I shall keep you posted as time goes by.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232527 by sally-jane
Well its the very worst of news.
I was advised by DWP by phone staff on more than 1 occasion I could spend time abroad extending holidays as I was on CB benefits and not on means tested benefits.
They said until I wished to permanently move abroad all would be well.
Admittedly this was discussed a good few yrs ago and I did not bother to re check it up as I thought they had made notes accordingly on my records seeing they took my NINO, name etc.
I have spent much longer than intended this time due to mitigating circumstances, however I have been sanctioned re my ESA and have to visit the Fraud Office on my return to the UK next month- earliest I could return.
I have now sent in a letter explaining it all including the mitigating circumstances etc to the DWP office dealing with this matter and I presume they will send it onto the Fraud office dealing with my case along with sending the letter to a Decision Maker.
I also make it clear that I was told that there was no problem until I moved permanently to Portugal.
We are now in the process of completing on an apartment and was then going to ask for all my benefits to be exported once I had a permanent address, but still also returning back and forth to the UK as I still resided at the UK home.

The fraud dept are dealing with the ESA as of this week, pre empting my request I was going to do in July to ask re exporting my Benefits.
I understand you cannot comment on this as it is now in the hands of the fraud dept.

Meantime I have asked the Export team to look into the feasability of exporting both my PIP and my IIB, I understand with exporting my claim I lose the car component which is understandable.

Now that I have discovered I have unintentionally committed a fraud , I still cannot see how as I did check with the DWP and it their incorrect advice that has landed me in this problem and to some extent mine for not re checking, but primarily it is their fault.

Hoping that I can passport the IIB and PIP whilst my ESA claim is being dealt with by the fraud dept.

Will this be ok do you think or will it flag up and stop the passporting.

I am truly hoping the fraud dept and the DWP ESA Chippenham office realise it was all unintentional and a huge mistake and allow all 3 benefits to be exported otherwise I really am in trouble as the income from the benefits are what pays for carers, my food, living expenses etc as my husband monies from his work was to pay the mortgage on the apartment as well as running the UK home as he will still be working and residing in the UK,whereas I shall be spending time betwixt the two.

Any imput on the above would be helpful.

This is also a reminder to anyone to ensure you get correct informationm from the DWP, get it in writing even when they say they do not, and double check everything, otherwise you may get an nasty surprise such as I have if not following the correct procedures.
Do not even try to bend them either as it still will implode.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232573 by sally-jane
Update.

All sorted out.
ESA now has been re instated, fraud dept kind, helpful very professional. everything back in place Now ESA has been passported to Portugal, now waiting for IIB/PIP to be as painless.
Overseas dept, really kind and helpful too.
I can truly say what began as real nightmare has been dealt with from the DWP different depts. and the Fraud dept with care, kindness, respect and professionalism thru out.
Also my MP and everyone has also been a true marvel in dealing with all of this.

From all the tales of hell that people go thru I am pleased to say for me everyone has been superb. I cannot thank them all enough.

Please I hope my scenario and tale thru out will encourage others to seek help when needed and realise they are not all ogres out to get you.

This funnily enough has regained my thoughts and feelings that there are some extremely good people out there, I thank them all most heartedly

More
4 years 8 months ago #234942 by sally-jane
Hi,

It looks as tho my ESA , PIP care and IIB are now in place under exporting.
Obviously the mobility component of PIP was suspended and an overpayment now paid.

I have received my S1 form for healthcare to be used for overseas.

All depts. have been helpful, kind and considerate.

thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.