× Members

ESA50 Form arrived, 6 years since last review.

More
4 years 9 months ago #233674 by BIS
Hi Taggy

From what you have said, you could not have done more or provided them with anymore up-to-date expert evidence and to try and avoid the F2F. As I said in a previous post commonsense would say they shouldn't call him for one, but neither you or I are making the decision.

Do not worry about having anything from the GP. Many people have little contact with their GP and I've helped several people quite successfully who have never provided evidence from their GP.

Personally, I always send forms in plenty of time, but if you send it Monday next week by recorded delivery it will arrive by Friday.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Taggy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #233676 by Taggy
Thanks BIS. Do you know exactly how it works once the ESA Form with expert evidence is sent in? Who actually reads it initially? Is it basically a paper sifter first? Or is it a Decision Maker who first looks at it, then passes it to someone else if they want it to go for a F2F, and then after a F2F does it go back to a separate decision maker? Many Thanks.

More
4 years 9 months ago #233678 by BIS
Hi Taggy

I honestly don't know. When it was my other half I was contacted by a decision maker, (he had no face to face), but whether anyone else had read the notes first - I don't know.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #240750 by Taggy
Well, that was a bit of a wait, but finally got a brown envelope today saying my Son will continue to be in the Support Group, and we did not have to go for a f2f thankfully, but can't believe how long that's taken, they certainly keep you sweating don't they!

It says they wont ask him to go for another assessment unless there is a change in his health condition.

However of course, we now await the dreaded UC application, & transfer from DLA to PIP so not sure how long a breather we will get.

It does mention that within his money, £16.80 is made up of Enhanced Disability Premium...this isn't one of those premiums that is not included within UC is it? I know Severe Disability Premiums are not.

I had been told that he should actually work out slightly better off under UC, but i'll believe that when I see it.

Very many thanks for the wonderful help & advice both on the forum & through the guides, they have been totally invaluable in helping me complete the awful forms from DWP.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240761 by Gordon
Taggy

Congratulations on the award, well done.

The ED Premium is not payable under UC but barring a Change that would require you to claim Universal Credit early, when you are moved it will be part of a Managed Migration and you will be entitled to Transitional Protection and should not receive less than what is in payment at the time of the move.

The LCWRA (SG) rate under UC is more than the ESA(IR) rate even with the EDP.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @ESA

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.