× Members

ESA50 Form arrived, 6 years since last review.

More
4 years 9 months ago #232793 by BIS
Hi Taggy

You would hope that common sense prevails but as you know it doesn't always. I honestly don't have any figures on who they call for assessment, but I do know that there has been an increase in the overall numbers. Let's hope they look at past records and do a paper-based review.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #232815 by Taggy
Yes figures crossed on that thanks BIS. I'm just starting to fill in the ESA50 online, I don't know if this is a common problem now, but last time I filled this in on line, the boxes for answers used to expand to allow you to type in as much info as you needed too....it does not seem to be working like that & the first bits I've looked at don't seem to expand to allow me to do that. Has the online form changed with regards this do you know? Many Thanks.

More
4 years 9 months ago #232816 by BIS
Hi Taggy

Two years ago members reported that this was an issue and the boxes no longer expanded. I'm afraid you will have to add additional sheets.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 9 months ago #232818 by Taggy
Thanks BIS...they don't like making it easy do they. For many of the questions I need more space, so perhaps it may be best for me to just not even start to fill in those boxes and put in, see additional sheets & put the Question Numbers on each sheet as I do them?. With his name, date of birth & Nat Ins number on. I'll staple them to the back of the form then too.

More
4 years 9 months ago #232823 by BIS
Hi Taggy

It's a method that I know a lot of people have used.

BIS

The following user(s) said Thank You: Taggy

More
4 years 9 months ago #233673 by Taggy
I've just about got all the info ready now and will post this out later this week. Do you find that assessors really take great notice of additional info supplied, as I'm hoping to avoid a F2F with my Step Son if possible. Whilst he doesn't see hardly anything of his GP (I've mentioned this) I have enclosed a 20 page report from a Consultant Neuropsychologist covering 3 separate assessments she did from 2005 - 2010 stating he needs 24/7 and lacks capacity & will never be able to work & that his conditions are life long.

I also have a 20 page overview assessment from Social Services done this year, again showing that he needs 24/7 care & cannot work, along with a brief letter from his Social Worker saying he needs 24/7 care & for them to accept the letter as evidence that he cannot work or look for employment.

I also have included a letter from Day Centre Manager also stating he needs 24/7 care and a 5 page letter from his Auntie who is also his Direct Payment Care Manager backing up all this info. I needed much more room than the boxes allowed, so I've started to answer the questions in the boxes, but in each box where there was insufficient space, I've said, Continued on Separate Sheet, and will staple these extra 6 pages to the back of the form also.

He is currently in the support group where he was placed without a F2F in 2013. I'm assuming they would read all this information supplied and I'm hoping that they would see it as pointless to bring him in for a F2F with all the evidence pointing towards him being an obvious candidate for support group still as it was a condition he was born with & can never improve, both Physically & Mentally.

Also as I need to have this form in by 19th July, (next Friday), do you think by recorded delivery it would be best to post it midweek...Weds/Thurs this week, as I'm sometimes a little worried about posting just before the weekend & at bit wary about leaving it as late as next Monday or Tuesday.

Many Thanks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.