× Members

ESA review - update

More
4 years 6 months ago #237390 by newcastle1949
ESA review was created by newcastle1949
Hi Everyone

I have been in the support group for many years, the last two reviews which were each for 3 years were awarded after paper based reviews, i have several physical and mental problems and always sent lots of supporting evidence/consultant and doctors letters supporting my claim, my friend complete's my form which they are aware of.

My award expires in November and the thought of it is causing me significant anxiety, so my friend contact the ESA dept explaining and the gentleman looked at my claim and said he believed after looking at my file(although could not definately confirm) that what they may do for this review instead of sending me a form to complete is send my GP a form to complete? and take it from there?

I am not sure what that means, my GP is really good and is fully aware of all of my problems and is supportive, but will it mean will she have to include all of my hospital evidence, as i know GP's are very busy but i am scared that her response would not be as in depth as mine, is this a good thing that i may not be sent a form, success rates?.

Any help or other member experience of this scenario would be greatfully received, really anxious about it all.

Should i make an appointment to see my GP to give her the heads up.

Best Wishes

SWEETHEART

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #237403 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA review
Sweetheart

Only a Decision Maker can decide that a decision can be made without an ESA50 or an assessor without a face to face and they won't do that until they have your file in front of them so the person you spoke to on the form cannot preempt that.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: newcastle1949

More
4 years 6 months ago #237607 by newcastle1949
Replied by newcastle1949 on topic ESA review
Hi

Following on! well today i received a capability for work questionnaire so Gordon as ever you were right, it has thrown me into a complete panic, and has significantly increased my anxiety this morning, where do i start please, a friend will help completing the form is there a downloadable one she can do in bits, i have lots of medical supporting evidence but how far should i go back, sorry if a bit muddled just stressed. is there any point my friend contacting the decision maker she had in depth conversations with last time i was contacted many years ago

Best Wishes

SWEETHEART

More
4 years 6 months ago #237621 by Gordon
Sweetheart

You can download a copy of the ESA50 from the following link

www.gov.uk/government/publications/capab...r-work-questionnaire

Our ESA Claim guide is on the following

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

There is no right or wrong period to go back over but the assessor will be focussing on the last couple of years and in particular the last six months.

I can't see any value in you contacting this previous DM, I would be extremely surprised if they have been assigned your case, they may not even work for the DWP now, control of your claim currently lies with Maximus and their assessor.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 6 months ago #237781 by newcastle1949
Replied by newcastle1949 on topic ESA review
Hi

Thanks as ever Gordon, ok so trying1 with the help of my friend to go through form and your guides, my GP has previously provided a comprehensive letter so my friend has contacted her asking if she will do an updated letter but she is on holiday , hopefully it won't be a problem, will provide latest consultant reports.

Have requested a copy of esa85a and lt54 (only found out about them through your website) now i hope to receive them from the DWP!!, should i include them with the form and evidence, will it help my claim?, also is it worth mentioning on the WCA that i am on PIP enhanced daily living and mobility.

Thanks so much

Best wishes

SWEETHEART

More
4 years 6 months ago #237802 by Gordon
Sweetheart

Yes, you can mention all of these but you must explain the relevance of the documents that you are including to your limitations, even the ESA ones!

It could be as simple as saying that there has been no change since X was produced in the last assessment. The PIP ones will be more difficult as even where there are crossovers the criteria can still be very different.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.