× Members

ESA review - update

More
4 years 5 months ago #238297 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA review
Sweetheart

Does the PIP report have anything in it that would not help your claim, if it does then include just the Entitlement letter, if it doesn't then the report but you really need to explain the relevance of what you are including to the ESA Descriptors, there are limited areas of overlap and even where there are the criteria can be quite different.

Just the ESA85 not the last page.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: newcastle1949

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• newcastle1949
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
4 years 5 months ago #238395 by newcastle1949
Replied by newcastle1949 on topic ESA review
Hi again

So sorry to keep bothering you, just about there with completed form and lots of recent medical letters including a good letter from my GP, one of my consultants along with the GP have written asking for a paper based assesment to be done because of my physical and mental problems and the effects a f2f would have on me. i am also enclosing a covering letter, the copy of the ESA85A and LT54 .

I am in the Tyne and Wear area and i wonder do you know

a. Will the person looking at my form and supporting evidence take note of the PB request, ESA85A/LT54 ?

b. Do you have any idea how long from them receiving the form to me hearing anything will be, is it weeks/months for ESA please? (I will be sending everything this Wednesday using next day tracked delivery)

Thanks so much
Best Wishes

SWEETHEART

More
4 years 5 months ago #238414 by Gordon
Sweetheart

1. They should but chase as sometimes appointments are made automatically by the computer system.

2. There are considerable delays in the ESA assessment process and it could be months before you hear, you can chase Maximus for an update.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: newcastle1949

• newcastle1949
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
4 years 5 months ago #239024 by newcastle1949
Hi

Sorry to bother you again, following on, my friend (carer) posted my form and evidence back to chdauk which was received on 10 October she confirmed this with them in a telephone call, she advised them the effects this process has on my mental and physical health which had been clearly documented by my GP ETC both this time and historically, and they said to ring weekly for an update, she has just rang Chdauk to see if there had been any progress, and was advised that they had closed my file and sent it back to the DWP!!, they said they could not give a decision and she had to contact the DWP, bit easier said than done as been on hold for hours! do you have any idea what this means please, have they carried out a paper based review, very quick turnaround, should i stop stressing and hope i am still in the support group.

Thanks as ever
Best wishes

SWEETHEART

More
4 years 5 months ago #239033 by Gordon
Sweetheart

Yes, they have done a Paper Based Review but it will likely be at least four weeks before a Decision is made.

Gordon

• newcastle1949
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
4 years 5 months ago #239047 by newcastle1949
Hi Gordon

Thanks so much, at least i can rest knowing i won't be having a f2f, during one conversation my friend said the lady mentioned that after looking at all of the info it could be that the DWP might not send another form and it could be an ongoing award, is this normal for ESA Please?if that is the case when i do hear about their decision, would that be detailed in the letter i receive, as i know ESA is ongoing and you normally have to ring to see how long the award is for, i don't know if it makes any difference but i am nearly 60 years old, also i know you have to take most things they say with a pinch of salt.

Again thanks so much
Best Wishes

SWEETHEART

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.