× Members

ESA renewal imminent, no contact from DWP or agent

More
4 years 6 months ago #238285 by Swelkie
My son's ESA ( support group) runs out in six weeks but we have not had a renewal letter or form yet. As we have a month to return the form on its receipt , if it arrives today that would only give two weeks for the DWP to make assessment before the expiry of the present award. I'm reluctant to contact them, as I've read that sometimes they don't send the form but just invite to a face to face, or sometimes even re-award without further ado. I'm also frightened to make the first contact. Any advice please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238301 by Gordon
Swelkie

Your son's ESA will not run out in November!

ESA is an indefinite award and will only stop if a Fit for Work Decision is made and this requires a face to face assessment to have been done first.

If you have a letter with a date for the beginning of the month then this is an administrative date concerned with the Christmas Bonus and is not related to the claim ending.

If you want to find out when your son's claim is due for renewal then he should contact the DWP office dealing with his claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.