× Members

ESA MEDICAL- Migraines & IBS Help,

More
4 years 6 months ago #238927 by Lynda
ESA MEDICAL- Migraines & IBS Help, was created by Lynda
HI, I am going for a medical 4/11/2019. I’m not sure how my category will be assessed.
I have been diagnosed as a chronic migraine sufferer - Approx. 24 days out of each month which completely dilibilitating- will that be assessed?
I also suffer from IBS -with all its awful embarrassing consequences.
I have ow found out that I will probably require a knee replacement which limited , driving walking etc.
I am absolutely terrified that they won’t feel that I maybe eligible for the support group.
Have help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238944 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA MEDICAL- Migraines & IBS Help,
Lynda

Your migraines will only be directly assessed if you can show that they result in an "involuntary episode of lost or altered consciousness resulting in significantly disrupted awareness or concentration". If they restrict only restrict your ability to do other things then you will either need to argue them for those activities or try to go down the Substantial Risk route. Our ESA Claim guide covers this.

The IBS would be covered under the Controlling your bowels and bladder and using a collecting device activity but this has very specific requirements and you will need to show that you meet all of them to score.

I'm afraid they can't take account of any account an operation that you might have in the future, you would need to have the op and then report a Change of Circumstances.

Our ESA Claim guide has details of the Support Group Descriptors.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.