× Members

Want to introduce myself, my pip journey and hope

More
4 years 2 months ago #243237 by Gary
Hi Sasha

The reason why we are here is to help people like you to over come the stress of completing a claims form, if you have a query or problem let us know. We do at times get quite busy and if you are looking for certain posts you may at times miss them due to the volumn of enquiries. You may have to scroll back a page or two.

Don't forget to use our guides which BIS has highlighted below, if you do not understand the guides then post a question and we or other members of the forum will try and answer.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sasha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243254 by Sasha
I received therapy from the NHS a little over a year ago. If I call my old therapist and ask if she's able to write a letter of support... what would be best for her to include in the letter?

More
4 years 2 months ago #243256 by BIS
Hi Sasha

Ask her to confirm anything she knows about your medical history and what sort of support she offered you. If it's appropriate for her to do so the phrase 'overwhelming psychological distress' is a suitable term to use within the letter. Anything that covers the specific PIP criteria that you are hoping to score for is helpful.
If there are things you don't want her to include say so.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sasha

More
4 years 2 months ago #243258 by Sasha
Thank you. I'm just reading through the guide now and as I read through the descriptors and points system, I can identify where I should definitely get points (regarding some of the descriptors) but am unable to explain why. Is it important for me to be able to explain 'why' in the form and at the assessment?
Other places I'm really struggling to identify whether I'm eligible for points or not and am not really sure how to understand.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243260 by BIS
Hi Sasha

You don't have to say why you think you should be awarded a specific descriptor, but you do need to be able to explain your difficulties against the criteria.

So for example, if a claimant had difficulties preparing meals because of severe depression - it's not enough just to say so. A claimant would have to explain what specific difficulties they have in relation to preparing means and if they don't prepare any meals what do they do.

Perhaps when you see someone at Serenity, they will help you with any of the areas you may be struggling with.

BIS

More
4 years 2 months ago #243261 by Sasha
Ha, all my problems communicating and expressing things don't help.
Thank you for all your help.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.