× Members

So scared don’t know if it should give up

More
3 years 5 months ago #252558 by blackpoolgraham
So scared don’t know if it should give up was created by blackpoolgraham
I am still awake at 3.50am and have been so worried since I received the text with a telephone appointment on 3rd November.

My doctor has supported by claim on Mental Health grounds and pain/mobility issues.

After trying to take my own life in September 2019 I finally got help in March of this year, due to Covid-19 all my appointments have been on the telephone, I have not been improving in any way, and pray that I will die by natural causes every day. I physically shake and am unable to sleep until it’s daylight, my depression and anxiety are at levels I never knew were possible.

My mobility has been going down hill for months, I now can hardly stand at the sink to wash up a couple of cups before the pain becomes so bad in my legs I just end up sat on the kitchen floor. I haven’t left the house in months. I try and keep as clean as I can but to have a shower takes a couple of hours, getting out of shower sitting on otterman and the pain is just so bad.

Mental Health is organising a social worker to see if they can help and I am listed for an MRI recommend by my physiotherapist, my appointments with him have been on video calls, I cancel so many appointments because of nerves.

Sorry to have written so much, but I read the % that can get PIP and so to stop even more stress should I just give up and cancel rather than have the extra problems till November 3rd.

I just don’t know what to do, my life of over, I have just promised my sister who lives in America I would not try to take my own life again.

Any advice would be so helpful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #252574 by Gary
Hi Graham

It can seem very daunting and an ordeal. Try and take it one step at a time. Would your GP support you and give you a letter stating that a telephone assessment would cause you "overwhelming psychological distress," because of your condition? If they can - you could ask for a paper-based assessment. The DWP don't always take notice of such letters, but it may be worth a try. They need to use the term overwhelming psychological distress in their letter.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackpoolgraham, Flowerpower70, #JC4PM

More
3 years 5 months ago #252593 by blackpoolgraham
Replied by blackpoolgraham on topic So scared don’t know if it should give up
My doctor is so slow, not even been offered a flu jab this year and normally as diabetic am offered one.

Been thinking all weekend, if I cancel I have failed again, I will answer the telephone appointment, hopefully I will get through it. Not much sleep in the next week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Statham

More
3 years 5 months ago #252596 by BennyFit
Replied by BennyFit on topic So scared don’t know if it should give up
Hi Graham
It is such a shame that the government makes people like us jump through hoops, getting stressed out, sleepless nights and anxiety issues just for a few quid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk, blackpoolgraham, #JC4PM, Dan Statham, Nicol

More
3 years 5 months ago #252618 by blackpoolgraham
Replied by blackpoolgraham on topic So scared don’t know if it should give up
I did take hours to complete the original claim form, I went through your members help filer page by page as I filled in the form, I also added 8 A4 pages with extra information.

I am claming because of Mental Health and also unable to stand or walk very far, are they judged seperatly or are the points added together?

Thank you again.

More
3 years 5 months ago #252630 by Gary
Hi Graham

The Daily Living component and Mobility component of PIP are judged seperately and points for either of the components are not added together.

You need to get 8 points to be awarded the standard rate and 12 points to be awarded the enhanced rate.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackpoolgraham

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.