× Members

PIP Review Telephone Assessment.

More
2 years 9 months ago #260733 by makinprogress
PIP Review Telephone Assessment. was created by makinprogress
After submitting the review form by the deadline in December, I finally had my telephone review today.
It was just AWFUL.
The assessor was abrupt, dismissive, not interested in my replies, cut me short on explanations, telling me we’d return to it later, but didn’t?
It was overwhelming. At one point I asked if I could take a one minute break to reposition (I was in pain, on the verge of tears & in need of a sip of water), she went silent, sighed, and said “errrrr …..ok”.
She told me what I could do, but when I contradicted her, she wanted to know ‘why not’?
She even asked if part of my treatment (self irrigation) was something I bought & took upon myself to do ?
I told her it was a consultant who prescribed it & asked if she had read my written assessment.
She replied yes, but she had to ask, as some people put one thing on their forms & say something completely different on the phone. Chance would be a fine thing!
I feel so deflated & depressed & don’t feel as though I got to explain even half of my difficulties.
I’ve been on PIP since 2013 & matters are worse than ever, with more help needed than before, but I feel as though I’m disbelieved in all ways by the ‘HP’.

Dreading the next instalment. I wish I didn’t need their financial help. It hardly feels worth the effect it has on me. But, it’s my main income.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #260739 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
Hi Makingprogress

I'm so sorry you had such an awful experience. Some of the the HP's are very poor about giving people time to speak.

If you can face it, on Friday I would ring up and ask for a copy of your assessment report (PA4). Sometimes claimants are told that they can't have it before the decision, but this is wrong - so if someone tells you that just put the phone down and ring again and get someone else who will probably give you another answer. When you receive the report you will be able to see what points you are likely to be awarded and if you have a dispute with that (and I hope you don't) you have a small window of opportunity to write to the decision-maker before the decision is made.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: makinprogress

More
2 years 9 months ago #260749 by Matey
Replied by Matey on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
If it's any consolation makingprogress it sounds like we may have had very similar assessments and assessors recently.

I too had answered every question bar the fact my car is a manual drive - funnily enough it didn't cross my mind that an assessor want to know that, as ALL my conditions are internal illnesses/disabilities.

No doubt it will mean I can reliably cook a meal, because I can operate a manual car.

Good luck with your claim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: makinprogress

More
2 years 9 months ago #260753 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
This is so sad to read, and what the DWP and their corrupt assessments do to claimants by these so called telephone assessments?

This is why I don't, or never will give the DWP or put it on any forms for these draconian assessments. I advise anyone never add a phone number when it comes to this shower.But it's your choice whether you do, or don't.

My choice is, and always will be to never supply a phone contact, I advise against it but it's your choice if you do or don't add one?

I simply don't trust this shower with even running a bath.

I hope your outcome is better than this corrupt so called phone assessment.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: makinprogress, KABTT

More
2 years 9 months ago #260755 by Mollie
Replied by Mollie on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
In the past, I have had this incorrect interpretation in respect of driving a manual car. I went into great detail in my PIP application about how I cannot drive when I want only when I am able, I cannot drive very far as I seize up, the grip used is different than that of holding a knife and we cannot afford to buy an automatic one. I found information on the internet that said you should not grip a steering wheel as hitting a bump can break your fingers and/or wrists. This time my reasons were accepted without question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 9 months ago #260764 by makinprogress
Replied by makinprogress on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
You too !
Sleepless night last night & night before, need to switch off from it now, for a few days anyway!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.