× Members

PIP Review Telephone Assessment.

More
2 years 9 months ago #260765 by makinprogress
Replied by makinprogress on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
Thank you, I will do that. Where or who do I send it to please ? Do I need to send to a specific department ?
Hoping desperately that it’s not necessary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #260768 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
Hi makinprogress

You send your letter to the address written on the correspondence from the DWP and address the letter to the Decision Maker.

Make sure you send the letter by recorded delivery.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: makinprogress

More
2 years 8 months ago #261034 by makinprogress
I received a copy of the PA4 today. I almost wish I’d not requested it because I’m shaking with sheer anger & upset after reading it. It’s so different to what was actually discussed. None of my points made are noted.
None of the explanations or examples are detailed, only what is her interpretation & opinion of my difficulties, which to read, is next to none.
Everything that I was deemed to need help with at my last review 4 years ago, is deemed not necessary now, although I have more issues & problems now than I did then?
I really don’t know if I have the strength of mind, let alone anything else to contend with any challenge to what she’s reported. I just want to give in now.

More
2 years 8 months ago #261073 by denby
Replied by denby on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
Oh makinprogress, shake with anger and please determine you will NOT let the B****s grind you down. The crazier the PA4 the easier it should be to contest it, if you have not already had the actual DWP decision please write straight away to 'The Decision maker' at the DWP address you used last time. Icily coldly debunk their junk, descriptor by descriptor.
I do plead with you to do this as it worked for our daughter 100%. That is enhanced DL and Enhanced Mob off a PA4 that would certainly not have got her those. And if it works you will have won. And you could save yourself all the hassle of MR and on to appeal with one letter! Got to be worth a try, we all know what you are going through and we are all gunning for justice for you on here. Keep us posted!
Power to you, Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: makinprogress, Gary

More
2 years 8 months ago #261080 by makinprogress
Can you advise in what format I should write my objections / differences to the PA4 please?
Should it just be a letter in general, briefly addressing all points, or more structured, detailing every little difference between what was stated (& effects of problems) to what was written.
I don’t want to go overboard if it’s needed again for MR, but on the other hand, would like to stop it before it gets that far?
I’m still unsure if I have the stamina & resilience to attempt?
Any advice would be very welcome.
TIA

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #261091 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment.
Hi makinprogress,
There is no set format.
If I recall correctly you have a recording of the assessment. Whilst my personal view is normally to keep the recording as your trump card in the tribunal I think that here you need to mention this.
Are you able to make a transcript of the recording?
One way to do your letter is to go through each descriptor bullet points can help.
Head your letter complaint about inaccurate assessment or something similar. Then say, something like, I wish to complain about the wholly inaccurate assessment report that I have recently been sent. Please do not rely on this when making your decision. I recorded the entire assessment and (many/all) of the comments made by the assessor simply do not reflect what was actually said. Please note (use bold or underline) this is NOT a Mandatory Reconsideration request, I reserve the right to make an MR request later if required.
Then make a couple of sentences to explain the major faults with the assessor.
Then go through the discrepancies. Again bullet points.
This could be an example:
Preparing food
The assessor states that I have no problems with grip. (If you have the transcript you can then say. At 3mins 34 on the transcript I clearly state that last week I dropped 4 plates, and I need to wear a wrist brace due to weak wrists etc etc.)
Or you might want to say 'at no point did I say I drive a car. I have never taken a driving test '
Send in a copy of the transcript if you have made one. Do NOT send in your original cd or recording. You may wish to make a separate copy of the recording to keep in case you lose the first or it gets destroyed etc. (It is easily done!)
Go through all the descriptors in a very matter of fact manner, using the bullet points, writing no more than a couple of sentences on each point.
You can then add a further sentence or two complaining about the manner of the assessor not letting you answer etc and also point out the relevant part on the transcript if you have it.
You don't necessarily have to comment in all the inaccuracies, especially if nothing of relevance occurs as a result. You can always put a comment saying that you have concentrated on the major discrepancies, but there were many more inaccuracies.
You may also wish to send the same letter and any transcript to the complaints department for the assessment provider.
Hopefully this will be sufficient to avoid MR or an appeal to the Tribunal.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by LL26. Reason: Omission.
The following user(s) said Thank You: makinprogress

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.