× Members

UC turned down, appeal questions

More
2 years 4 months ago #265725 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC turned down, appeal questions
Hi GottaBe

I would send your UC50 form by RD to the postal address linked to your JCP, see link below, the address should also be on any correspondance you have received.

assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/governm...postal-addresses.pdf

It is one calander month, if you complete a CRMR1 form it askd you the date of the decision letter.

You can apply for a MR over the phone but it is something we do not recommend.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #265729 by GottaBe
Replied by GottaBe on topic UC turned down, appeal questions
Thank you for yr reply.

The MR is already in the post. The letter I got had a two line address on it:

DWP Freepost
Universal Credit Full Service

and that was it. We thought it felt weird so we rang up the UC helpline and they said that that was the address we should send it to, so we did. My local Job Centre is on the list that you've linked to and we have copies of all the stuff, so I can send it there as well if you think I should. Is that what yr saying? But there's no other Job Centre Plus referred to on my decision letter, it's spartan regarding contact details.

Also, I'm looking at the CRMR1 and I can't see that it asks for that date anywhere, only the date that it is signed.

More
2 years 4 months ago #265730 by GottaBe
It's perhaps worth saying that I haven't received a letter about any of this by post, it's all come thru the UC journal. I get the feeling that I was supposed to have this on paper but it seemed a bit beside the point given that they'll cut my benefits off in the end anyway.

More
2 years 2 months ago #266617 by GottaBe
Hi, back again.
Mandatory reconsideration is done and I overturned my decision! I am no longer fit for work! However, I am apparently fit for work related activity and I remain worried about what that will entail. If I can do it from home and continue to be accommodated by my work coach in this, it's possible that I'll be able to manage it, on the basis of conversations that we've had up to now and my current condition. But if I'm expected to undertake out of house courses, work placements, frequent and/or lengthy job centre appts, etc, then I'd be in trouble.

I don't expect anyone to make the decision for me here, but I'd like to thank everyone for their advice and help. Idk if challenging the report did any good (the message i got quoted the drs evidence that I submitted as being important) but given that much of the report was full of misleading information which I was able to challenge as I had got them to record the interview, I like to think that it helped.

With that in mind, I wanted to know whether it was worth having a look at the new assessment report before I decide whether to appeal this decision or not? Would it tell me anything useful? I haven't been quoted a points score in the letter that I've been sent - does this mean that there isn't one, or that they just aren't telling me what it is? I feel like I'd be unlikely to score 15 pts on any single question anyway but I felt that I could have accumulated that over the course of the assessment. And also, does anyone know whether a lot of appeals end up with the MR being overturned again and people being re-declared ft for work? That oc would be a very bad outcome and, having family support, i don't really need the extra money.
gb

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #266628 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic UC turned down, appeal questions
Hi GottaBe

It is impossible to advise what you should do, but there is nothing for you to lose to gat your assessment report and see what it says.

At an appeal - the chairman will always tell a claimant if there is a danger in their award being downgraded so that an appeal can be withdrawn.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by BIS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GottaBe

More
2 years 2 months ago #266646 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC turned down, appeal questions
GottaBe

Just to clarify, a Tribunal re-makes the original Decision and the panel can make any appropriate Decision including a Fit for Work one!

However, if they are considering a lower award than the one currently in payment then the Judge must warn the claimant and give them an opportunity to withdraw their appeal leaving them on that current award.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, GottaBe

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.