× Members

PIP Award zero points, Autistic and overwhelmed

More
2 years 5 months ago #265684 by Kenny
Hi, first post here
I got my award notice through the other day and it's taken me a few days to process it.
I thought I was very careful in my telephone assessment to use the correct phrases for activities but the decision bears no resemblance to what I said.
I'm overwhelmed with what to do next. There's so much information here I don't know where to start with a MR. I'm feeling very despondant about it and feel like giving up.
How do I request the notes the interviewer made?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265691 by greekqueen
Replied by greekqueen on topic PIP Award zero points, Autistic and overwhelmed
Hi Kenny, and welcome!

It can be totally overwhelming going through the PIP process and then leave you despondent, feeling not believed then lacking motivation to do anything more.

First of all, you CAN do this!

Phone them and request your application and the health professional's report and ask for a 4 week extension for an MR because of post delays. Tell them you want to appeal and they will try everything to get you to register it on the phone, if you get an extension do not do an MR over the phone.
Ask your GP receptionist for a copy of your patient summary and if you have time start the application for all of your medical records from birth. Some surgeries are not doing this because of covid but it is worth asking as PIP sometimes ask for your patient summary at appeal stage or later anyway.

When you get the report check what you said on your application and if you recall on phone and write down what points you should have scored.

Start gathering relevant medical evidence from professionals, letters from people who know you confirming help you need and what is hard for you.
Keep a diary of a few days matching what you think is correct in criteria for PIP, check you have included all aids you need to help with care and mobility inside and outside the house.

Also make use of the guides on this group, they will help you on your appeal journey immensely. If you think you need help ask someone you trust to go over things or see if someone professional is free, eg a benefits adviser with a housing association or council or CAB.

greekqueen

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kenny

More
2 years 5 months ago #265694 by Silveredanjel
Replied by Silveredanjel on topic PIP Award zero points, Autistic and overwhelmed
Hi Kenny,

You CAN do this.

Just tackle one thing at a time. Write a bullet points list from what greekqueen has said and do one at a time. Cross them off. It does help.

DO NOT DO A Mandatory Reconsideration OVER THE PHONE.

The resources on Benefits and Work do help. They explain things in ways that make sense.

Good Luck,
Natalia

More
2 years 5 months ago #265705 by BIS
Hi Kenny

You can do this. Your assessment report is called a PA4. Once you have that, it will be much easier to understand the decision and know how to fight it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 5 months ago #265712 by elle
Dear greekqueen, quote "PIP sometimes ask for your patient summary at appeal stage or later anyway."

Could you please tell me the correct legal process for DWP/PIP to follow to ask for this info after the tribunal has finished. ie,

is there a form to fill out, do i have to be informed, how long does it take, would they ask my area nhs trust or the gp surgery. ect ect.

Thanks.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265717 by denby
Hi Kenny, just one point about calling to ask for the PA4 assessment report.
Many call agents try it on refusing you the report. If you are told you cannot have the PA4 just politely end the call.
Then try again till you get an agent who promises to send out the report.
Best wishes, Denby
[waiting 2 years for my ASC assessment]

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.