× Members

PIP Award zero points, Autistic and overwhelmed

More
2 years 4 months ago #265739 by Kenny
Thank you all for the replies.

Just so I'm clear, do I say I want a Mandatory Reconsideration, and at the same time ask for the PA4 assessment report?
or do I just ask for the report first? How do I avoid the MR over the phone and force them to do it paper based?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #265750 by phrank
Hi Kenny,

When asking for the report in the past I have had little resistance from the call handlers I have spoken to. However, I have been told no once or twice and have told the person on the phone that it is my right and I have been to the CAB and they have endorsed this.

I have found the this approach 'changes their mind' and the report is duly sent out.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 4 months ago #265754 by LL26
Hi Kenny,
Just to make things clear phone up fir the PA4 Report first. It might take a few days to arrive. Then ask for an extension to do your MR, if you haven't got sufficient time before the expiry date.
However if you forget to ring for an extension do the MR as soon as you can. Whilst MR should be done within 1 mth if the original decision you can put them in late. There is an ultimate time of 13 mths. However to get a late MR allowed you will need to show good reason. Obviously if you are a few days late then it will be easier to argue good reason, but if you are in the 12th month then your reason will have to be very compelling! If you are a few days late having waited several days for the PA4, and a slow reader or writer etc due to your disabilities this is likely to be sufficient good cause.
To follow up on a post by ccc
DWP don't tend to request medical reports from a GP. If you have signed the consent form normally contained within the main form then medical notes etc can be requested at any time. (DWP used to always ask for medical reports, but I think this stopped when payments were required, hence it is too expensive to do routinely.)
If you go to the Tribunal, on appeal the tribunal can request medical notes etc. The tribunal would need a consent form signed. Sometimes this is done before the first hearing but often the case is adjourned to obtain these records. A copy is always sent to DWP.
If you can obtain your own medical reports this is always better. If either DWP or tribunal request a report it will go straight to them first. If you get your own reports you can see what is written before sending it in. You are allowed to edit things if you want, or not necessarily send in all of the papers, eg if there is a series of letters. Of course if you edit or redact then the tribunal might ask why! Editing might be something you want to do if you are applying for PIP eg as an appointee or on behalf of someone else, particularly if you think medical report contents could be harmful or upsetting to the actual claimant.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: elle

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.