× Members

Pup review time

More
2 years 2 months ago #267072 by pomaus
Replied by pomaus on topic Pup review time
Thank you again Angel and Denby

I will download some of those PDF's and have a look when things have calmed down somewhat.
Unfortunately my GP new GP seems pretty awful, I have not met him face to face yet as only moved to the area a few months ago, but it is a little country practice and they are obviously not used to dealing with mental health as they first thing he did when I registered was phoned to try and interfere with my medications.
He did not even know what quetiapine was and had to look it up and even though I hate the stuff and have to take 3 doses a day 50mg in the morning, 400mg in the afternoon and another 50mg at night as well as 45mg dose of Mirtazapine.. I couldn't believe he was going to try and reduce Psychiatric meds without consulting the Mental health team and not even fully knowing what the drug was...
I don't particularly like the meds, especially the afternoon dose as it makes me very slurry and I sound like a drunk and as you say denby, I can fully sympathise with your sister in relation to the side effects... I just think sometimes the mental health support team would rather drug u and keep u quiet, rather than support u, they don't really have much time for people with long term conditions and would rather concentrate their resources on people who they consider a short turn around time, 12 sessions of CBT and out of the door and moved on to the next one....If they cant put you back together in Their expected time frame then I am afraid your a faulty product. well thats how it feels anyway.

Thanks again for the kind words and support and the resources, it is very much valued
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #267217 by pomaus
Sorry me again.

Just after some advice.

My pip review went off, recorded delivery and then after reading the forum advice, I submitted further supporting evidence in the form of a statement from Carer and I also completed a Pip Diary, that has all gone off in the post.

The thing is, this has all sent me a bit over the edge and I have become very manic the last week or so, I have not been able to control intrusive thoughts, have hardly slept for days on end and self-harming is out of control.

My partner intervened and phoned up the counsellors who I am supposed to start Trauma Therapy with in a couple of months and arranged a phone call from them. They wanted to bring forward therapy, but I still do not feel ready, not comfortable with leaving the house at the best of times ( Only for medical appointments) but since I have not been having to do that for the last couple of years, it is a huge step for me to even work myself up to going outdoors for that again.
Anyway, in the meantime we have said that we will continue to talk on the phone, work towards online-video appointments with a view to stabilising me so that I can build up to face to face appointments..
But that is not the question, sorry just wanted to give some background on what is going on.

My question is, because this is now going to drive me absolutely crazy not knowing when the DWP will get around to reviewing the claim ( I am not the sort of person who can park things in my head) I will ruminate about those Pip forms continuously now for months which makes my mental health worse and results in me harming myself more.
Is it worth me writing to the DWP and asking them to treat the application with priority due to the negative effect it has on my mental health and the dangers it poses??? It is not reporting a worsening condition, as that would be pointless, I already get the highest rate of award for care and the lower rate for mobility ( Because I cannot leave the house) Most Days unsupervised....
I just wondered if anyone had experience of asking the DWP if they could process a review with priority and whether they were successful in it

More
2 years 2 months ago #267235 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pup review time
Hi pomaus

You are not alone with feeling very apprehensive. To help ease your feelings contact DWP to see if they have received your forms and the addition supporting documents you sent in.

It is taking quite a time between sending in a review form and being assessed, either by phone or on paper as there is a backlog, time does vary between regions.

If you can get your MP involved then that may get your review moved quicker but it is not a guarantee.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pomaus

More
2 years 2 months ago #267237 by pomaus
Thank you Gary, I know they have received the form as I sent it by signed recorded delivery and know they have had it.
I only just sent off the extra evidence today. I was going back and forth in my mind whether to mention the effect that this was having on my mental state and requesting they treat it with priority, but then I decided against it.

You just never know when dealing with the DWP who you are going to get and whether the person on the other end is sympathetic or not...

As for contacting my MP, unfortunately I live in a Conservative Constituency with an MP who is not known for his empathy towards people like us, so I wouldn't dare contact him...

I just did not know if there was supposed to be procedure for vulnerable claimants that I could request, I know there are ones for Terminal claimants, I just did not know if there was something for people with severe mental health.

I know I probably need to park this in my mind and try to move on until the DWP gets round to it, but that is something I struggle with at the best of times, when I start getting intrusive thoughts, my mind goes on a rampage and does not let up and unfortunately this form filling and dragging up painful memories has exasperated it.

I know a lot of people are in the same position and it is difficult for everyone, so I should probably stop being selfish and wanting to be dealt with quicker :-(
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #267239 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pup review time
Hi pomaus

Thank you for your post, even though you sent the form by recorded delivery and you can see on line that it has been signed for at the other end quite often it is on hold at the other end until it is placed in the system.

When you phone up to see if they have your form along with your other supporting documents it can help place your claim in the system and give you peace of mind.

Yes, I agree some MP's are not as proactive as others, although MP's don't usually do the work, they have staff who do it for them.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Gary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pomaus

More
2 years 2 months ago #267251 by Angel
Replied by Angel on topic Pup review time
www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/259586/re...%20guidance.pdf.html

www.kdc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/file/S...able%20situation.pdf

www.rightsnet.org.uk/?ACT=39&fid=3&aid=1...qm8FEYf0V&board_id=1

DWP have Vulnerability Guidance, and you *should* have a marker by your name if you have serious MH stuff going on. Above was from a quick search. You will be able to find more info with some googling. Take care.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, pomaus, Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.