× Members

Pup review time

More
2 years 2 months ago #267435 by pomaus
Replied by pomaus on topic Pup review time
I am just curious about moderators and other forum members thoughts on a couple of things.

In my recent review, I never bothered to address issues with Reading or communicating since I never scored for them last time and never bothered to raise the issue with the DWP since I already scored more than enough points for the enhanced rate of Pip and s o there seemed little point to contesting the issue.

My question is though, not due to mental health impairment but due to the medication, I take ( I take 3 separate doses of quetiapine) over the course of the day which is an antipsychotic medication but also a sedative.
It knocks me for six for several hours afterwards and I really cannot concentrate enough to read, I will not be able to absorb what was read and often give up as I will read the same lines over and over again, often reading the wrong word and realising it does not make sense, so out of frustration will give up.

My speech is also extremely slurred, especially after taking the higher dose and I struggle to formulate words, its horrible as I sound and feel like a drunk when I am on them, and struggle to understand myself, let alone make myself understood.

Even though I hardly ever leave the house due to conditions, If I do have to leave the house that day ( say a medical appointment) I can not take the higher dose medication because not only does it make me to sedated, I just cannot communicate at all with a stranger like this.

So my question is, Should I have actually scored points for this descriptor during my first assessment for Pip due to the medication. The DM refused points on the basis of I did not have a cognitive impairment that affects reading or speech, so I never contested like I said because I already had scored more points in other areas for enhanced care.

I am kind of worried about my review as I never bothered answering those questions on the basis that I did not score for them before

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #267479 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pup review time
Hi Pomaus

We're not assessors - but the reading activity is about your ability to be able to read simple and complex sentences and recognise signs and symbols in your own language. The assessors said last time that you have no cognitive impairment which inhibits your ability to read and you would expect that to be the same and would likely say the same when it came to talking, listening and speaking. 

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 2 months ago #267535 by Angel
Replied by Angel on topic Pup review time
Hi. I would only contest if you no longer get Enhanced at review. No point wasting the energy. If you are moved to ‘Standard’ you can state it and back it up with evidence to help you with an MR. Otherwise, just leave it, it’s not worth the effort or the stress.

More
2 years 2 months ago #267654 by pomaus
Replied by pomaus on topic Pup review time
Me again.

I finally found my previous mandatory reconsideration award and was wondering whether I should now send it in as further evidence??

In the DM notes in regards to planning a journey, she said

"You said you have difficulty planning and following a journey due to ptsd and need supervision at all times. The medical evidence confirms these difficulties. I agree you have difficulties and have decided you cannot undertake any journey on the majority of days because it would cause you overwhelming psychological distress."

I was wondering whether because the previous DM said my medical evidence confirms it and she acknowledged the "overwhelming psychological distress" whether I should now use this Mandatory reconsideration report as supporting evidence for my Pip Review? or whether it is pointless because just because 1 DM came to that decision from my medical evidence, doesn't mean the next DM has to agree with that opinion and could take a totally different view?

I dont know whether it is worth me now sending this previous MR consideration in now, or just to wait and see whether I am going to have another assessment be it face 2 face, telephone or paper assessment and see what the outcome of that is.

Obviously, I am trying to avoid any assessment at all if I can due to the Psychological distress that it caused last time and the dangerous position it put me in.

Still so stressed out about all this

More
2 years 2 months ago #267680 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pup review time
Hi pomaus

I would contact DWP to see at what stage you are at, if your file has already been sent to the assessor then it may be too late to add additional support documents.

We know there is a backlog so you could take the risk in sending in you supporting document with your name and NI number on to the DWP. make sure any documents sent to DWP are sent by recorded delivery.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 2 months ago #267692 by Angel
Replied by Angel on topic Pup review time
Hi posmaus. I would photocopy and send that in ‘next day signed for’. It will be scanned into their systems so you can then refer back to it if you have to go to MR. Good Luck x
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.