× Members

Worsening health for PIP claim

More
2 years 2 months ago #266951 by daisycat22
Worsening health for PIP claim was created by daisycat22
Hi, just wanted some advice. I currently receive PIP daily living lower rate and that is until 2025.
I really should have been awarded the mobility part but only got as far as a MR and I couldn’t face the tribunal so I left it.
I’ve since got worse and now have a firm diagnoses and my local council have given me a blue badge so I want to apply for the mobility again.
Do I have to fill in another form or do they just take the extra information from you over the phone?….. will I still receive my current money while it is being looked at?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #266963 by Katherine
Replied by Katherine on topic Worsening health for PIP claim
Hi daisycat22,
Once you know about a change that might affect the amount pip you get, tell the dwp as soon as you can. The change might increase your payments. Once the change is reported, the dwp will write and let you know how the change will affect your pip award.
When you ring the dwp you will need to include these details to report the change;
. Your full name
. your date of birth
.Your national insurance number
. The date the change happened
. And give a brief summary of what has changed
it is a good idea to keep a written record of the fact that you have reported the change to the dwp.
You will continue to get your pip while your claim is being is being reviewed, you should get a letter asking you to fill in a form called AWARD REVIEW - HOW YOUR DISABILITY AFFECTS YOU .
when the award review form is sent to you send any medical information you have and send a photocopy of your blue badge, try and make sure to put your name and national number on top of any extra pages your sending to the dwp.
I hope this all goes smoothly for you, all the best
katherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: daisycat22

More
2 years 2 months ago #266983 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Worsening health for PIP claim
Hi Katherine,

Interesting reading your post. I was under the impression that if you report that your conditions have changed (whether for better or for worse) that this would trigger a full new assessment.

Could you clarify this, please as I'm getting no younger and it's bound to affect me at some point even though I have an ongoing award.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 2 months ago #267014 by Katherine
Replied by Katherine on topic Worsening health for PIP claim
hi daisycat22,
The review will result in a new Decision and the DWP can make one anywhere from no award to an on-going one and can increase or reduce the level of the award as they feel appropriate.
It may trigger a new assessment the DWP will send you a letter keeping you informed about your claim.
Based on the changes to your health the DWP may want to reassess you for pip as you may be entitled to a higher rate or a new component.
kind regards
katherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 2 months ago #267019 by mtwilde
Replied by mtwilde on topic Worsening health for PIP claim
I have worsening health and finally plucked up the courage to notify pip of a change of circumstances. They sent me a shorter version of the big for which just asks you what has changed. It took over 4 months to get a decision but was moved from standard for both to enhanced for both. It was also a paper assessment only. The first step for me was to pick up the phone and notify pip of the change, hope that helps
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 2 months ago #267025 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Worsening health for PIP claim
Hi Mary

Thank you for your post about your journey, change of circumstances. It will help other members who may be thinking of contacting DWP due to a deterioration in their health.

Quite often members are worried about notifying DWP about their deteriorating condition as they are worried they may loose what they already have.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.