× Members

PIP online form issue

More
2 years 2 months ago #267091 by Lawson
Replied by Lawson on topic PIP online form issue
Thanks very much Bis - had thought about this as didn't want any information going astray but understand your guidance. Wasn't sure if they genuinely copied all paper information sent as there can be a lot for them to copy. Would it still be o.k. to put the paper documents in a ring binder with section numbers dividing them? Sorry - last question (I hope)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #267094 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP online form issue
Hi Lawson

They do scan the information sent in onto the system. I've sent more than 100 pages of evidence for someone and I checked that it was all there and it took several days, but every page was scanned onto their systems. They don't want ring binders - it is the same issue someone would have to take them out (and they might not bother). Hole punch in top left-hand corner and tie with a string or ribbon or tag, If you have that many pages do them in separate sections - but the more you split up work, the greater chance there is of some of your stuff being missed. It is much easier for a worker to take out a pile of documents - put them in a scanner and multiple pages are scanned at once with little effort.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 2 months ago #267105 by denby
Replied by denby on topic PIP online form issue
Hi Lawson, having had a school reprographics dept copy the whole pack [duly paid for] for our daughter's earlier PIP application, the lady guillotined off the back of the form and stacked it in the feed tray with all the doctors' letters etc. A few buttons pressed and the automatic suction began lifting the sheets into the rollers almost too fast to see. In moments the originals were out in one tray and the copy set in another. It's that sort of wholly mechanised setup I believe, and what's more usually subcontracted, so the operators have no interest whatsoever in the importance of every sheet for the claimant they will never meet. Hope this helps all readers understand why a simple treasury tag or tie, that either undoes instantly [an obvious bow] or is easily cut with scissors and discarded, is best.
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 2 months ago #267141 by Lawson
Thank you Bis and Denby - didn't mean for this to be too long. I understand you saying re: ring binders and clear sleeves however it was not a problem when presented in this way for ESA. I is done with what you say about losing some pages being a major factor. There is a lot of supporting letters and he is worried that just using a treasury tag would be likely to be torn off, information lost and not being put back in correct order as there will be cross references within answer to all questions typed on blank paper to keep all of the answer together and given a tab number to refer to with answer and relevant supporting letters/info. Sorry to reply again but we really need to get this as easy to read as possible and a ring binder is neat and less damageable. Take the point about the sleeves - wasn't aware they scan everything. Could we still use the ring binder but without the sleeves as it would not be too difficult to take the papers out? when they scan papers is it all collated in the correct order after it is on their system? or is it all "binned"? We would also still have a copy of all paperwork sent. Sorry to go on but want to present information in the most "easy to read" way possible - didn't consider the scanning issue as we thought that the PIP2 answers and additional info was actually physically read by someone. We rarely post on the Forum so forgive my ramblings and thank you to all of you that reply with guidance - this is really important and stressful - as you will all know. All much appreciated.

More
2 years 2 months ago #267146 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP online form issue
Hi lawson

All documents sent in are scanned but as in most process mistakes can happen which is why we recommend numbering the pages and not to send in original documents. The scanned documents are then recycled, I would not recommend using a ring folder.

As in my previous post

just make sure that each page has your full name and NIN at the top and that they are numbered, we recommend "page X of Y" so that it is easy to see if pages are missing. Make sure you clearly mark on the form where your answers are and on the relevant page that you are answering question X.

I would not split your answers across the form and attached pages, do one or the other for each activity (not question), splitting it risks the second part of your answer not being read.

Attach the pages to the back of the form using a staple or make a hole in the top left corner and use a treasury tag, string or ribbon to the form. The pages need to be easily detached so that they can be scanned by the DWP.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 2 months ago #267210 by Lawson
Thanks again Gary. Yes- as I said did not want to split answers so will tick appropriate box on form and then cross refer full answer to question i.e." See attachment 1". The sheets would be numbered at the bottom footer as i.e. "attachment 1" However the copies of letters would not be printed or scanned for printing. They would have Name, N.I .No. etc on a printed label which would be on the top of each letter. Would it be o.k. to then hand write the letter number at the
bottom i.e. footer? Is it then also o.k. to put in between sheets a coloured tab to then cross refer all answers and letters to i.e. " please see Tab 3"? Really sorry Gary but worried that important papers will go missing and will not be in order after they scan them in bulk and therefore not able to refer to. I appreciate your patience - it has just totally thrown us as with his ESA it was very straightforward when in ring binder and sleeves and was successful without f-to-f. Thank you very much

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.