× Members

I have to go? Work F I ( IB , DLA higher care, IS)

• haveihadmydinner
  • Topic Author
13 years 10 months ago #19621 by haveihadmydinner
I have to go? Work F I ( IB , DLA higher care, IS) was created by haveihadmydinner
I have an appointment for a Work Focused Interview next week.
I thought I'd be exempt (long trem IB)....but was told as I claimed DLA and subsequently IS at the beginning of the year ...I am in the system.

I've read that receiving the DLA higher care component (as I do) makes you exempt ... (mental health... mood/behaviour)

I'm extremely anxious about it, especially as they have cocked up their appointment diary and I sat for an hour in the RBLI place the other day....(open plan) and heard every word spoken very loudly to, and about the two unfortunates who were interviewed at that time. (I know their problems and symptoms, their meds, and way too much about everything!)....They just had to sit there and take it....

Please tell me I should be exepmt from this ?!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #19627 by Crazydiamond
haveihadmydinner wrote:

I have an appointment for a Work Focused Interview next week.
I thought I'd be exempt (long trem IB)....but was told as I claimed DLA and subsequently IS at the beginning of the year ...I am in the system.

I've read that receiving the DLA higher care component (as I do) makes you exempt ... (mental health... mood/behaviour)

I'm extremely anxious about it, especially as they have cocked up their appointment diary and I sat for an hour in the RBLI place the other day....(open plan) and heard every word spoken very loudly to, and about the two unfortunates who were interviewed at that time. (I know their problems and symptoms, their meds, and way too much about everything!)....They just had to sit there and take it....

Please tell me I should be exepmt from this ?!!

Yes, you should indeed be exempt as is indicated in the factsheet dated April 2010 produced by Disability Alliance, entitled work-focused interviews.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 10 months ago #19633 by Gareth56
If they're not convinced by the above factsheet then direct them to the:-

The Social Security (Incapacity Benefit Work-focused Interviews) Regulations 2003 in particular Section 8.

Here

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 10 months ago #19640 by tommo
That's odd I get higher rate DLA but had to attend 6 WFI at a RBLI place.. exact same thing open plan so everybody could hear your conversation.. I think I'm what they call in the trade 'Parked' for a bit now tho..

More
13 years 10 months ago #19642 by Gareth56
As we're beginning to see what's in the regulations doesn't necessarily matter when it comes to the DWP or their agents!!

More
13 years 10 months ago #19643 by Crazydiamond
Tommo wrote:

That's odd I get higher rate DLA but had to attend 6 WFI at a RBLI place.. exact same thing open plan so everybody could hear your conversation.. I think I'm what they call in the trade 'Parked' for a bit now tho..

If you are receiving IB and the higher rate care component of DLA (you don't say whether it is care or mobility), you could always make a formal complaint quoting the relevant legislation, and you could also consider pursing a claim requesting financial redress for maladministration.

A flagrant disregard of the statute law and initiating an incorrect procedure, is tantamount to maladministration. Furthermore, it is unlawful.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.