× Members

DLA good news, bad news

• worldgirl
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #22910 by worldgirl
DLA good news, bad news was created by worldgirl
:huh: Well, I applied to renew my DLA low rate care and fortunately took B&W's advice on expanding on the four-page renewal form. I sent in all the relevant extra pages from the DLA full application form, GP and consultant letters, lists of my treatment (physio, orthotics, all my aids from pen grips to splints) etc etc

Yes, I did get the low care renewed but in the past year my mobility has really worsened and gives me more trouble than even the cooking difficulties. I went into detail about falls but was told I seemed to be able to manage, that my walking was poor but I could do it and that I had great trouble on the stairs. No dice, though - I was turned down for mobility.

I think that, because the govt plans to attack DLA claimants big time from 2013, the assessments are now coming down on the "no" side unless the evidence is 120%. I am very grateful for the low rate care renewal, because I have had to give up a reasonable job since my last renewal application and my income is much worse. But somehow I feel I could lose the whole thing if I appeal the mobility - that's always the caveat, isn't it? Is it worth even considering in view of the current harsh plans for disabled people?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #22939 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:DLA good news, bad news
worldgirl wrote:

:huh: Well, I applied to renew my DLA low rate care and fortunately took B&W's advice on expanding on the four-page renewal form. I sent in all the relevant extra pages from the DLA full application form, GP and consultant letters, lists of my treatment (physio, orthotics, all my aids from pen grips to splints) etc etc

Yes, I did get the low care renewed but in the past year my mobility has really worsened and gives me more trouble than even the cooking difficulties. I went into detail about falls but was told I seemed to be able to manage, that my walking was poor but I could do it and that I had great trouble on the stairs. No dice, though - I was turned down for mobility.

I think that, because the govt plans to attack DLA claimants big time from 2013, the assessments are now coming down on the "no" side unless the evidence is 120%. I am very grateful for the low rate care renewal, because I have had to give up a reasonable job since my last renewal application and my income is much worse. But somehow I feel I could lose the whole thing if I appeal the mobility - that's always the caveat, isn't it? Is it worth even considering in view of the current harsh plans for disabled people?

It is difficult to assess the overall situation without having access to your DLA case papers, therefore it is impossible to expand upon the information given in this thread HERE.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.